>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Sculpting

Old 13-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #31
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' 
Total Awards: 13
Hello folks.
First of all, have a great 2010 all of you!
I wish you all the best this year.

So, I liked the theme of the contest, and I'm here, after a long time without posting.

my base mesh - 15 min 3dmax
sculpting till now - 1h and 15 min.

Happy sculpting fellas, hope you enjoy my creature.

the bg story is something like....stand strong, where the weak have no chance to survive
Attached Images

www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
Dront

Thx for the response Freespace-3DT.

Nice to see the all the different approaches to the theme of the contest.

mastein: I really like the design of the character. He´s got a "Pan's Labyrinth" feel to him very nice.

Longhi: Nice start, looking forward to see the final result.

Here is my character 9h in.

He is a human/dog and I wanted to him look like a sad dog rather than a angry demon spawn.

The story behind this creature:

He is the result of the treatment the humans enslaved by the Demons during Armageddon had to endure.
Treated like dogs and cross breed with demon spawns the human eventually turned into a form of human/canine that survives by scavenging from the dead.
Some escaped and are now walking around in the destroyed remains of our world.
Attached Images

Dront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #33
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  
Total Awards: 9
that is well cool.. love the hands on the skull touch..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #34
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Nice Longhi! Hope you finish this one!

4th hour of work
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #35
mastein

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
5th hour!
getting crazy alreaady hhaha
Old 14-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #36
DE3MOHD

Send a message via ICQ to DE3MOHD
base mesh and 1 hour of work
Attached Images

DE3MOHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #37
Toxic_Boy
Junior

Send a message via Yahoo to Toxic_Boy
Hi ....
here is mine..
3 hours sclupting

thx for any cnc
Toxic_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #38
DE3MOHD

Send a message via ICQ to DE3MOHD
2 hours
Attached Images

DE3MOHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #39
GE_GRAZE

well decided to join the contest, jw do we have to do a full bust or can i do from the weist up? ive never doen a time limit b4 so not sure i can do it within 10hours tbh thanks
GE_GRAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #40
mastein

Awards Showcase
6th hour
Old 14-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
GE_GRAZE

ok so heres my concept and ref (not got the clothing ref yet also concept is still early wip) i wanted to go for something where the human race still looked reconginsable. what has happened is a virus infected the core of the earth which has transfromed the human brain to using 100% of its capasity which inturn has overloaded the body, making the genes work at a much larger rate making there physic deform and brains enlarge enough to crack the skull. imbedded is an insignia of the disease which is actually a control mechanism which at any point the demonic spirits can control like slaves. basically my design is based of a much more intelligent version of zombies. i no my concept looks zombie like and lifeless but im no concept artist. well hope you like it and sculpt will be up shortly
Attached Images

GE_GRAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #42
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
dood your refrerence is creepy as hell

@mastein

little bit of a buu influence i see there with the holes

Last edited by NeoGeo; 14-01-2010 at 09:47 PM..
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #43
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Hi everybody!
I'm here invited by my Brazilian college Glauco Longhi,
I'm going to join this contest to try my skills on 3D,
I'm new to this, i came originaly from traditional sculture,
Cheers and good luck to all,
Fernando
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #44
mastein

Awards Showcase
Neo Geo: hehe Actually i didn´t even think in Boo when i did those "holes". The idea was to do some kind of breathing system.^^

StoneKing: Hey Fernando, cant wait to see what you gonna do. Love your tradicional sculptures
ps: hahaha vc mora na minha rua!! ee mundinho pequeno.
7th hour_ Posing

Last edited by mastein; 14-01-2010 at 11:08 PM..
Old 14-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #45
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Hey Mariano!
Really awesome sculpt my friend!
Caraca, não acredito que vc mora na minha rua,
Que numero é sua casa, a minha é 501, vamos nos encontrar
qualquer hora,
(Translating - Cannot believe you live in the same street as i do,
the number of my house is 501, lets meet anytime,)
Cheers
Fernando

www.stoneking.com.br
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote