>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Coming of the Ice - Feb 2010 > 'The Coming of the Ice' - Sculpting

Old 21-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #196
Mclean

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
on around 5 hours, gonna call it a night and finish up tomorrow!, heres it so far and ive done a little paintover to show where im going to put his polar bear hair :>
Attached Images

Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #197
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Great to see you here to Mclean! Nice start!

Here is my 2nd hour! Blocking the anatomy.
Attached Images

mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #198
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Mastein: Nice start, I was hoping you would join this contest, your sculpts are always awesome and there's a lot of things I could learn from them.
And it's cool that you do a polar bear, it will add more variety in this bunch of Yetis. Is it normal that your snowman has such a big crrotch?

Mclean: Your snowman kinda have the feel of an alien snowman, very cool!

So I did an other hour today, separing the fur from the body with a Mesh Extract so my Zbrush crashes left often because of too much poly. Think I pretty much did what I wanted with my anatomy, except maybe the pecs that I still find a bit large. Gonna add some fur to this ape soon.
Attached Images

MightyReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #199
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
I'm all out of time! Here is the final sculpt, but I will probably use a different matcap for the final entry.

bigger pic here
Attached Images

AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #200
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Almost forgot, here is where i got the pose for my chimp-goat hybrid.
Attached Images

AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #201
Mclean

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
well got a few hours left, trying to find something to do with the spare time, I might leave it for a couple of days then come back to it so i have fresh eyes! Heres a render in 3dsmax with a simple light set up and light tracer on. Cheers MightyReg, alien yeti is definately something im trying to show. Andrew-Q that pose is very close to your reference, good work!
Couldnt agree with MightyReg more good to see you spice of the variety with the polar bear theme way to go mastein
Attached Images

Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #202
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hey guys, this contest is really full of fantastic talent,

MClean, wow, love it, awesome design
Mastein, another great work man, keep rocking
Mr. Mighty, Looking great man, congrats, and making the fur a subtool
is the best way for the comp to handle more polys, keep it comming

Have you guys seen Seven's final entry? take a look, for me it's the best so far,

Cheers
Fernando

www.stoneking.com.br
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #203
.seven
game artist

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Mitch and Floyd'' art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
I'm at the 10 hour mark. Just submitted. Awesome work guys. Good luck!

video progress

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FrrzRdVCaQ
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kHSUKyX6A0
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOkmbsoTgsk
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgsXKBfxaWs
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElnoIObNDU
Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfidYf8niIc
Part 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix4WC2lpuIE
Part 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8V5C5_YLiw
Part 9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQtbXNlaOg
Part 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHktE_UUKnE

finals:

.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #204
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
Total Awards: 9
wow, that ^^ has got to be my favorite so far! unique face with character, awesome proportions, beastly!
sarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #205
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
I love what you did to the fur, .seven!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #206
grapix

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
I imagine snowman as a creature from next ice age evolved from modern man but this time nature have reversed process and made ape out of man to better endure harsh winter conditions.
In this sculpture i tried to fuse wild looking beast with highly intelligent man, hope you like it.

Unfortunately i cant share any video because recording screen really slows down my system and prevent me to sculpt fluent.
All in all i spend around 3-4 hours.
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #207
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Awesome works!
Here it go, my 3rd hour!
Attached Images

mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #208
grapix

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Nice work Mario. i love the bear idea !
seven- nice to see some modo users around here, yeti is looking great,
good luck to everyone !

Last edited by grapix; 22-02-2010 at 10:35 PM..
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #209
jaist

i'm not even commenting this stuff!
Good attention to detail everyone, nice sculpts!
jaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #210
Belal Saeed

Send a message via MSN to Belal Saeed
30min base mesh, 30 minutes of sculpt till now.

Cheers!