>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Movie Mashup (Challenge)

Old 28-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #196
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Ah bless lol there's plenty to come, As mentioned earlier that progress of the hovercar was very early i'm alot further than that now, in fact i've nearly finished Griff's Hovercar modelling wise, gotta work out how to do the paintjob though.

Just rendering some more passes as I type
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #197
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 

Logo for laughing boy's t-shirt
Twitter
Old 28-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #198
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Spent half the afternoon modelling and the other half cleaning up the harddrive of old files and the like to try and speed up the system, it's been lagging something terrible lately and also had an out of memory error while trying to render out one the the multipasses but corrected it and got it rendered out eventually.

The rest of Griff's car was a breeze, I was in the modelling mood I think, I love those days when you're modelling goes well and you really enjoy what you're creating Still a few area's the clean up though.

The Hover Conversion Tech

Those grooves were used with boolean, but I wanted them to be inset properly so made the smoothed mesh editable and then joined the two together.

And Hill Valley Update

Moved Marty to a different position whereby he actually has a shadow now, added a few nice Pixar objects and placed the laughing boy into the scene too.

The only things that are shouting out at me at the moment though are that either the laughing boy is too big or moving Marty over makes him look too small, either way I need to get the scale corrected.

Kind Regards

CG.
Twitter
Old 29-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #199
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre 
Total Awards: 11
The laughing boy looks like he's on his toes. Was that on purpose? Also, the colors on him look a bit too strong, and the eye sight instead of centering on Marty, which is the center of the scene, ends up moving towards the kid.
Now that the whole scene is getting closer to finished, we can start to perceive the balance of it a little more. Therefore, in order to fill in the dark area on the right, where the pepsi logos are, I would suggest you to move the deLorean to the sidewalk where the laughing boy is. The deLorean is a very important object in the scene, and right now, with all the add-ons you've been putting on the scene, it's getting a bit lost where it is. You could even place the two right weels over the sidewalk, or something.
Just a suggestion though, since all the rest is looking sweet.
Keep up bro.
Old 29-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #200
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Cheers DD, the Laughing boy is mean't to be on his tip toe's, I looked at some poses and the excitement suggested to me the boy would look like that.

I'll tone down the boy's clothing too, I still think the boy needs to be smaller and Marty needs to be bigger.

I've been toying with the idea of having a van or another vehicle in the scene near the videowall section, but not sure, i'll try putting the DeLorean on that side, but at the moment Griff's Hovercar is parked behind the DeLorean and is in fact in the same place at the film.

Still so much to do!
Twitter
Old 29-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #201
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
flip the image horizontally, it helps composition and you also can notice the issues (I think light angle doesn't help center eye on martin)
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #202
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Thanks i'll look into it.
Twitter
Old 29-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #203
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Update

A new update for Hill Valley here, it's getting there slowly
Twitter
Old 29-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #204
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
i'm liking the change in lighting the marty's shadow and relocating of the cars - only thing bothering me a bit is the dark color of the car behind marty - too dark perhaps?!
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #205
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Yeah I agree totally, the glass isn't reflecting properly and it does look a little too dark, I also want to change the tires direction on the DeLorean and the windscreen glass reflections there aswell. Marty's shadow works pretty well know I agree. I've also rebuilt the Cafe 80's slightly and added window blinds which aren't exactly showing up and also I can see the Cafe is floating slightly too.

And always still very much to do lol.

Kind Regards

CG.
Twitter
Old 30-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #206
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
A Little Off Topic....

A little off topic I know but i've had to share this with you all because i'm so excited about it, not only it's easy to use but what i've managed to create on my first ever try with this software is extremely pleasing.

Now Sculptris has been mentioned on this site several times, and i've looked into the software, it's video's and gallery images and that was that, I thought nothing more about it but I actually downloaded it today and it's free and such a small program too about 3.1MB, and i'm just completly blown away by it's clean and easy to use GUI, it's speed and it's functionality.

I dove straight into it, learn't the shortkeys and the toolset in less than 20 mins and got crackin'............well i've tried Z Brush before and liked it, but hated the GUI, I've tried Mudbox before and liked it too and liked the ease of use aswell.....BUT and here's the simple truth...........i've never been able to create anything resembling anything in these softwares, now whether it's because I have a huge lack of anatomical knowledge i'm not really sure......but here's the thing........ i've created a face in less than 30 mins on this today! 30 mins and it's not half bad either, sure it's not gonna win any prizes for accuracy or prettyness BUT i've managed to create a face and i've NEVER managed to do this inside Z Brush Or Mudbox ever! Why?............... I'm not sure, but I think it comes down to the ease of use for this program, I started off with a simple sphere, used the grab tool to get a basic shape for the head, then started using the clay, crease, grab, smooth and pinch tool and hey presto! i've got something that actually looks like what I wanted to create!

I'm literally blown away by this software, I cannot rate it anymore highly, i'm just amazed that a complete novice like me managed to create this in 30 mins, i'm definately going to be playing with this alot more. It got me thinking I could make hair in this program, I can distort clothing and add little details etc. Then once i've figured out how to make the normals i've got all that high res geometry detail on my normal res model

Anyway here's what i'm talking about

I've always wanted to try this kind of thing properly and now I think with this software I feel that little bit more confident, then maybe after a few months of this I could really make something impressive that i'd be happy with

Just wanted to share because it made me so happy and i'm so so impressed by it.

Anyway it's very early in the morning and I'd better get to bed now.

Kind Regards

CG.
Twitter
Old 30-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #207
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre 
Total Awards: 11
Wow, nice first try CG!
Is there a Sculptris for Mac?
IMHO, the scene looks much more balanced now. Great work.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #208
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Gotta Share this with you all......

Look at this!!! Only took me an hour to make! I've never sculpted an ear before but LOOK!!! I know it's rough but F'ing Hell i'm amazed how easy i'm picking this up!

Although having alot of trouble making eyes so left them out, but the character kinda looks like he's squinting or something lol.

Tried to get a gangster thug look to him, with a bit of weight about him. I'm just so impressed with this, i'm usually the person going wow, ooohhhh and ahhhh at other people's sculpts lol.

Sorry will get back on topic very soon, but waiting for new multipass renders to complete

Kind Regards

CG.
Twitter
Old 01-07-2010, 03:59 AM   #209
rofiqalfata
five years old boy...

Send a message via MSN to rofiqalfata
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: I've won a 3DTotal alien t-shirt! photo. Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in The Lost Jungle matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge ''a new beginning challenge'' 
Total Awards: 3
Which one is Marty? That flying little guy? I think the shadow is wrong... Marty casts shadow in a wrong direction... that's what i see...

Clear sunny day won't cast shadow that soft. The sun casts hard shadow while the sky will cast soft shadow a bit....so clear sunny day will create combination of hard shadow and soft shadow...
rofiqalfata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #210
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Yeah still needs alot of tweaking, the shadows are area shadows so they get softer the further away from the light/sunlight they are, but yeah i'll get it sorted. I'm away for most of the day today, i've got foot clinic and then all being well i'm off to see Shrek Forver After yay!

CG.
Twitter