>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #151
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefmilyofblood View Post
Why does my community never celebrate Dipawali? We only celebrate the birth and death of really really old people and also that one where you give apples with razor blades in them to people.
Yay, I want to celebrate the birth of of really old people as well

Keep on rolling chickin, you might want to check out the FEV from fallout (forced evolutionay virus). Might do an experimental vault where you lock in 100 normal people and then Sathe... Wonder how long time it will last...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #152
Imajus

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: v Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagiarts View Post
Hi all, am such a dumb ,
imajus: no offence man my english knowledge sucks, and thanks a lot for ur complement, thank to all of u guys for ur support.
Here at India Dipawali is the biggest festival,the festival of Joy and light,and I have a 6 days off , so in this time I am preparing for DW, am creating alphas, brushes, shaders and referance collection.
Pls tell me if there is something more that I can fruitfully utilize this holidays preparing for DW,I would also request to all my 3dt freinds to go through my works and suggest me the areas where I should develop more.Thanks a lot to all of u and
Oh sorry man. Yeah I meant your work was awesome, haha no worries.
Imajus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #153
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
ok, so for everyone looking for a lighting tut, you may want to look into the marmoset tool bag, lots for the final images from last years war, was done with it.

The only thing, it's a bit of a pain to figure out. Soooo, maybe we can get someone that knows how to use it, to do up a simple, yet small, tut on the basics of the lights and what not for the program.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #154
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
ok, so for everyone looking for a lighting tut, you may want to look into the marmoset tool bag, lots for the final images from last years war, was done with it.

The only thing, it's a bit of a pain to figure out. Soooo, maybe we can get someone that knows how to use it, to do up a simple, yet small, tut on the basics of the lights and what not for the program.
that would be a good idea, i remember last year most of the model were rendered with marmoset, and the results were pretty good
Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #155
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post

That would really be great

Remembering trying out a couple of months back and it was very hard not to get good renders. They tended to look pretty flat in general though, render limitations or just lack of knowledge from my part, I don't know

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #156
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
then we just need someone who knows what they are doing with it, to show up and show us.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #157
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
I want you all to look up your names in the urban dictionary.
Big-ToE, I did, and that's what I found (from urbandictionay.com with my name):

Quote:
a person with an abnormally large penis and natural hormones that girls can't help swooning over
I had sex with a ***** last night, he was awesome
And then I see you plug that.

I had a dream...
------------------------
[Chickin]
That's a nice extensible Supply List. True members of E.B.D.S preparing themselves there. (By the way, some membership test for the Squad?, that was tricky)
Omg they got the Super Virulent Hybrid Virus, neat stuff.
The cartridge printer will be really usefull this year, I just read some interesting wiki about Parthenogenesis. Copies can't replicate themselves, problems with DNA printing stuff...
My teachers always told me: "It's simple: add a new ink cartridge, or a new paper pack."

HAPPY DIPAWALI too !!!

--------------------------------------
(typing baby dingo on google)
E.B.D.S : "Hide your kids, hide your wife"
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 03-11-2010 at 08:29 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #158
Steban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
im sorry for the stupid questions but, where and when can i join the competition?, i've been looking for a link or something but i havent found anything, and as i dont know too much about the dominance war is there some explanation for this 2010 challenge?, again, sorry for the questions.

Last edited by Steban; 03-11-2010 at 09:15 PM..
Steban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #159
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
You have to register at

http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/register.php

Softimage User.

------------------------------------------------
Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Krallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #160
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steban View Post
im sorry for the stupid questions but, where and when can i join the competition?, i've been looking for a link or something but i havent found anything, and as i dont know too much about the dominance war is there some explanation for this 2010 challenge?, again, sorry for the questions.
well the challenge has not started yet, so there isn't anything you need to do right now, other than sign up like Krallis said.

Then, just wait. When the challenge starts, all the info you need will be posted and if you still have questions, feel free to ask them.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 03-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #161
Robbert543
Mental Raytard

Send a message via MSN to Robbert543
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 3
http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/en_delay.html
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #162
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
that's old Robbert

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #163
Steban

Awards Showcase
thanks, i was already registered but i didn't know what to do, so i just wait until the competition start, thanks
Steban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #164
Imajus

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: v Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
One thing to note about marmoset is it's not free anymore. You can DL the trial for 20 or 30 days, forget which it is, but after that you have to pay. So if you're a cheap ******* like me plan out when to DL the trial. I already used my trial and planned on using it for comicon, but they extended and my trial ran out.
One thing I had in mind is using UDK to display my work. UDK has gorgeous real time lighting, a powerful material system, and free. It takes a bit more setup than marmoset however. If anyone is interested I can post some UDK info.
Imajus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #165
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
I can vouch for UDK, or even plain old UE3, which is still really good even though it doenst have all of UDK's features.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome.html

(you'll want to pick Unreal Engine 3)

Softimage User.

------------------------------------------------
Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Krallis is offline   Reply With Quote