>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 18-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Park Bridge - suggestions please?

Hi All, I photographed a really nice set here
http://freetextures.3dtotal.com/index.php?iset=1719&pp=

But what parts would you like to model and what sort of limits would you like?

Thanks

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
gauravcg
Tessellated....

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
i would like to model the whole thing without the trees( :P ) in a high poly contest.

Low Poly Props (Updated)

gauravcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravcg View Post
i would like to model the whole thing without the trees( :P ) in a high poly contest.
that's interesting, we could run a high poly challenge for a change, hope we get some more interest...
Old 19-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
infinity3D

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
I'm surprised that you are going to have this one while the dominance war mini challenge is running.

Due to my current skill level I will not be doing the dominance war challenge but would like to take part in this challenge. I also would like no poly limit and modeling the whole bridge but optional trees.
infinity3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Yep this looks intresting.
I go with "gauravcg" post, model the whole thing, without the trees.
hope some more people would like to join
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity3D View Post
I also would like no poly limit
Not a challenge if there isnt a poly limit.
Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
Knuckles
Ninja!

I would say either 'Bridge-16326.jpg' or 'Bridge-16329.jpg'

Two very different angles with different items to model. Somewere around the 3000 tri limit, also model the trees as its something different to model
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
StefanC
the human centipede

Send a message via MSN to StefanC
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I didn't know 3DTotal had these weekly challenges up till now I personally like low-poly, would be a shame if this one is gonna be high-poly instead. Trees will prove to be difficult to me since I never made one :O
StefanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
we originally did these challenges as both high and low poly, and the low ones always did seem more popular, maybe we could be generous with the limits for this one to find some middle ground? especially as the last one was very tight (thai monastery)
Old 22-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
Knuckles
Ninja!

Maybe 3000 is a bit much but definatley more than last time. The trees should still be judged as it would be a challenge for a lot of users
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
pables
Modoler!

Send a message via MSN to pables
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.057 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge #24  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge ''Walk this way'' 
Total Awards: 12
Looks interesting, I want to learn about of real time models, but the Dom war is still a bit too much for me, I would go for the whole set/low poly.

Last edited by pables; 23-11-2010 at 09:36 AM..
pables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #12
StefanC
the human centipede

Send a message via MSN to StefanC
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
So will this comp ever start ? I've been waiting quite a while for a competition to start.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
SeveredSon

I would be interested in a high poly comp.
SeveredSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
brrr

Location: Devon>England>UK>Europe>Earth>Milkyway Galaxy>Universe>?
Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanC FS View Post
So will this comp ever start ? I've been waiting quite a while for a competition to start.
Me 2, this task would shape up to be a brilliant challenge. I dont want to model foliage though so i might suck at this challenge lol.
brrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #15
zenyora

is this going to start anytime before the new year
zenyora is offline   Reply With Quote