>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 15-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #136
gestis

Nice coverage! Will that be carpainted at the end?

Last edited by gestis; 15-04-2011 at 02:43 AM..
gestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #137
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
The frontal silhouette is looking real strong keep up the good work.
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #138
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
gestis - thanks man. well not 100% car painted but it will have metal texture but with lots of scratches and dirt.

Kaiune3D - thanks man .

so little update to ceep this one alive . lots of work droped on me so updates will be slower . but i'll try to fit this one in to my lunch and coffe breaks so i could finish this one in time.
now i'm designing its pipes. got to think of something detailed and at the same time simple

edit: adding piepes.
Attached Images

Last edited by paulius-st; 19-04-2011 at 11:02 PM..
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #139
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
started the back plate. i took the old base mesh apart and split it in several peaces.
Attached Images

Old 20-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #140
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Here is some constructive comment: cohesion.
Think about how all those element work together, functionality, how are they fixed together and things like that.

Will you zbrush all da stuff later? It'll be a lot of work, gl!
KIU!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #141
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
thanks for crit . functionalitie - some parts are armor, some are decoration. they all will be conected with various elements. this armor will be functional. it'll have to be rigged after all . as for zbrush - yes, all parts will be detailed within zbrush for more detailed look. and i'm thinking of a 4-8k maps for non competition high poly high rez beauty renders . and yes - a hell lot of work awaits this model
Old 20-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #142
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Looking good, lots of nice details. Mainly I want to say tho, that tan color you used for the skin in the one render, really works nicely with the blue you've got in the armor.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #143
Rytis

ohh hi man armor looks stuning. i love it.
suitable design looking forward what will hapen to him next
Rytis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #144
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
If I paint over one of your last one Paulius, it'll maybe drive you 3Dcrazy.
I'm very tempted... but I might spend a few hours on it, so I'm holding back. xD

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 21-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #145
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Warlock 279 - thanks man. this skin colour is very close to one that will be aplied in texture. for now just a modified vray sss2 milk shadeer .
Rytis - thanks man. happy to hear this from you . why you are'nt participating and if you are where is you're thread
washka - any crits, especialy visual are wellcome here. maybe its a 3d crazy spirit is what i need . i came to a point here when i need some inspiration or a good kick in the ass to jump on this model like crazy . i think i'll go and browse my 5000 image library i ceep for inspiration and then jump to modeling this hell spawn . i want to finish at least modeling it till competition ends cause when summer starts i have a big comical animation project pending .
Old 21-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #146
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
so unfortunateley last time when i did screanshots my cat latter managed to delete all progres of that day and now i'm remodeling this back armor part. but this time i like it more than old one.
Attached Images

Old 26-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #147
Rytis

pialiau - i have no time at all so i gues icant finish to the deadline but next year i definetly go. but ur doing grate this hard surface suits him so well. maby i even agree with u too. this looks bether than old one
Rytis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #148
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
for a high-poly model it looks good, but all those small details are going to get blurred with normals...keep up the hard work

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #149
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Rytis - thanks man. hope nex year there will be a dom war .
xxxcubanxxx - thanks man. yes i know that all these smallest details will be blured but they wont be in a low poly if i'll manage to make one. i have one idea how to bring most of them by texture so i could show at least bigger ones .

here is a little update. slowly pushing my slef through this comp. its hard to resist to give it another pass of details, but it allready has 3.8milion polys . i'll try to finish this armor by monday so i could finaly get with sculpting and remeshing this model.
Attached Images

Old 22-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #150
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Keep it up man! Ambitious project mean slave work, .