>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 17-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #16
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
I for see boobies in this thread, I know I'll be watching.

Keep rocking it, sounds like you have a solid idea on what your going to do already. 3 seems to have the older wiser vibe out of all of them.

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #17
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
nice concept . i see you have a original way of putting 3dtotal logo on your character - you gave her a G-string . and every one knows that 3dt logo looks like G-strings .
Attached Images

paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpaulius-st! Thank you:
Sathe (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #18
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
You could take a lot of ref form the greek god Pan...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #19
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Sexy, me likes! Looking forward to seeing more...or less...you get the idea

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #20
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
you man are fast
i think gwyneth paltrow whould be great but with a different hair (maybe pic3), and much brighter skin than how she looks on this picture that'll make her more pure i'm not sure if she was born in the us but her face might look a bit too conservative so maybe mixing from the second girl's face could be great. especially if you'd like to make her face younger
good luck m8!
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #21
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
Is something getting lost in translation or am I just very tired?

Humility would be the antithesis of pride rather than war so in that sense your backstory isn't making a lot of sense to me. It's a good story, I just don't see humility.

Also,don't pipes tend to be associated with drinking and humping in older naturalistic religions?

Correct me if I'm wrong of course

The origin of the character and the focus on hands and feet is very cool indeed. I think you're better off looking into Hindu iconography than the pseudo Celtic stuff you seem to be heading for though

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
CGzero: Thanks!

Martin_x: Thanks for the vote! 3 looks nice indeed!

DeadlyFreeze: Yeah boobies for sure Can't go wrong with that

paulius-st: haven't thought of that

hulahuga: I'll look in to that, thanks!

redonix76: Hehe

tsabszy: Yeah, I was thinking the same u said. Mixing some elements from all the three. Haircut does look cool on 3., but 2. have the right head shape, and first have the right features.. I'd probably stick to one of them, coz I'm not really good with girl's head modeling, so a well know actress would provide a lot of reference, which would probably lead to a better end result than just me making stuff up

poopipe: I was thinking the same before I went to sleep, that my back story kinda miss the whole humility attitude to it. It would be an Ok story for goddess of peace, but I'm doing Nimrit here, so I'll rewrite it in one of the breaks.
Yeah, I'm kinda looking in the direction of east for references. My sister knows this stuff, and has some pictures, so I kinda saw a lot of them already.
I attached an image of Krisna. These pictures have a really strict rules to them how they can, or cannot show the god, so I had to modify this and that for my pose. Also, Krisna is male. The picture also shows the idea for the palms, I think it looks really nice, very pure, and innocent.
Thanks for tips, and for commenting on the back story! It's a very important part for me indeed!

Voting is still in progress, I can't decide which one to go with
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #23
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
and again, please vote which of these cloths do you like?

This is the basic proportion of Nimrit. The goal was to make her child like, but still emphasize her female attitudes. Probably will change a bit during 3D part
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #24
discmage

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I like girl 2. Seems fragile yet strong.
Old 17-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #25
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''Army of One'' 
Total Awards: 5
I think mix of all of them. Sleeves from #1, shirt from #3, and the rest #2.
Martin_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
the sleeves from 2 could go into the arm wraps off 3

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
The 3rd one is nice but it would be better if you included more of a regal feel to it, but otherwise awesome!
Old 17-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #28
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
First one photo girl (humblest one imo). N 2 clothing, but she needs more clothe details.
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
Cordero

Awards Showcase
discmage: yeah, I agree. I used n2 cloths on the final layout.

Martin_x: Yepp, I mixed all the good elements you mentioned, and I think this will work. Thanks

liquidbear: I'll try that one out too!

Rych: Thanks! I liked the 3rd one, but the I needed more skirt in there... both legs out is kinda too "hot"

washka: Yeah, detailing is ahead! Just wanted to put the main pieces in there.

This is the final mix. What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #30
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
I prefer arms mix from 2 and 3, less weight, more sexy.
washka is offline   Reply With Quote