>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Speed Painting Challenges

Old 07-09-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Michael
Lone Brushboy

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Exclamation SPEEDPAINTING input, feedback, requests...

I think t would be really great to have this kind of thread here. I would like you to write what would be the good idea for a challegenge. So...

First - read this thread : http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1

...then think of what wasn't said there and write it here. Think of what you always wanted to learn, what you always were passionate about, what drove your imagination. In simple words - what you would like to paint and share with others.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
Mitak

Wath you say about Heroes of mind and magic. There are hundrets of heroes, creatures or even artefacts. I dont know man he dont play this game.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:16 AM   #3
David Ciprian
Blacklow

Send a message via MSN to David Ciprian
A cataclysm would be nice to paint

HoMM is da best
Old 08-09-2004, 02:16 AM   #4
Michael
Lone Brushboy

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
hmm... heroes of might and Magic - i played it for a loong time Yeah, they have a lot of characters and wapons and props, but still these are a few subjects - character, creature and prop design. I would like us to come up with many subjects to pick from.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:19 AM   #5
PhantomOokami

Maybe creating our own comic? Like one page... and it'd be like those stories where you pick off where the person left off.
PhantomOokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
and how about to rise again the influence from renaissance / baroque age?
Androgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #7
Michael
Lone Brushboy

Awards Showcase
"and how about to rise again the influence from renaissance / baroque age?"

What exactly do you mean?

ROB's post from the other thread :

"Hey Michael,
If you want some ideas for the speed challenges, here are some areas I would like to work on.

Scenery (e.g. landscape, Lake, Mountains, Cliff, Galaxies)
Rune buildings
Characters (young and old) (realistic/cartoon styles)
Scene props (e.g. flowers, trees etc)
Animals
Vehicles
Mech robots"

I'll definitelly will use some of them .

Last edited by Michael; 08-09-2004 at 09:22 PM..
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #8
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
umm, I mean a tribute to their work maybe? most important is capturing the mood,energy or the idea and story behind their piece. just my 2 cents ,hehe.
another idea maybe hmm... ...fantasy environment, a tribute to well known superhero, and..(man, I really must do a brainstorming too some other time)..caricature.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
smallpiece

..I think that taking a look at the relationship between robotic and human movement with the possibility of blending the two together could raise some interreting projects..
...another one....drawing something that you can't see, like the wind, capturing the momment with the effects it has as apposed to how it looks.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:11 AM   #10
Mitak

Maybe some big scene without something in focus .
Imagine that:
battle fild - the look are close to the ground, battle is end. Blooded swoards and armors, broken on half flags, smoke and fire in the distance, ravens in the sky.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #11
smallpiece

how about putting a collection of objects/ideas on paper, putting them in a hat and picking two or three at random and combining them in a single pic...
kind of like random juxtaposition..
Old 09-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #12
David Ciprian
Blacklow

Send a message via MSN to David Ciprian
Calm Before the Storm
Battleangel
Demon
Warmachines
A Casual Girl Posing (or not, just in the middle of somthing - phone, waatching tv, cooking)
Hoversystem&Engine for a Cargo Platform
Flaming Minion
Earth Elemental
Wizard/Sorcerer(es)
Witch
Fantasy Character's House
Fortress
Cataclysm (meteors, planet collision, floods, very powerful storms, you name it)
Gate do Hell or Necropolys
Old 09-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
Michael
Lone Brushboy

Awards Showcase
Great ideas guys! They will be used for sure!

If anyone has more ideas - post them - the more, the better .
Old 11-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #14
ROB

Hey Michael perhaps we could have a help and tips section where we can post methods and tips that would help improve our painting skills?
ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
ROB, There's some tutorial link at 2d section, maybe you can check some from there and tell us what you get.