>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Speed Painting Challenges

Old 29-10-2008, 06:23 AM   #31
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 5
Idea 1:

I have an idea. How about a theme of the ocean. But than with a sinking object in it. And that object can be object of choise, so i can be a planecrash with lots flames, or a train half on fire with people on it trying to escape, or lots of people drowning, or a refridgerator with a sea filled with chees and milk, or a car with broken glass etc, you name it. What you think is worth drawing.

Idea 2:

Or another theme is, how about you got frozen in for 40 years and you just woke up out of that, how would the sky look like. So if you where in the sky, above the clouds, what would the city look like that has been build there.

Idea 3:

An old arena, like the collesium, but you can choose the battle type. So instead of lions eating humans, you could make a street fighter battle in there, or perhaps alot of bunkers with a swat team trying to defeat the backery guys, trowing large bread sticks to their faces. Or the egypts who have their small pyramids in their arena's calling upon horus to defeat the smily gory amazon creatures the roam the arena.

Idea 4:

Another idea is depth. Create the best picture that pictures perspective. So the point is to create great depth inside the picture, perhaps a picture that makes you dizzy, from a person that stands close to camera and is watching to the ground, but its drawn in a way that makes you dizzy.

Idea 5:

Vegetation, who can make the most convincing city that has been taken over by growing elements. Plants, trees, monkeys, birds, moss, people cannot live in this city anymore and the city is totally crumbled, filled with vegetation and animals.

Idea 6:

Create the tennis court from the future. Say 2078, it sounds stupid because a tennis court isn't very interesting, therefore its a good concept idea. Try to see who can create the most convincing new idea.. Do whatever you want with this concept. I like thisone.

Idea 7:

This idea is based upon the fact that people get bullied alot in highschool. Can you draw the emotion of what that feeling would look like. For example a very black maze , with large shadows of the people that bully you and a small jar with you in it, stuck and you cant do anything. So draw emotion. Its very hard to do, but also a challenge.

Hope this where some fun ideas and perhaps you find something in it that is worthy for a challenge...
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #32
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
there is like nothing going on here in days... i wish there were more people involved in these forum sections...
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #33
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjerkotten View Post
there is like nothing going on here in days... i wish there were more people involved in these forum sections...
Well your not the only one who hates how slow it is in these parts. I really liked the ideas you suggested especially 4 and 5.
Darchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 01:38 AM   #34
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
it was faster when we did these comps weekly, but then people started falling off, not getting done in time. Its tough. justa few more days and the next comp will start.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #35
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

Thanksgiving is coming. What about something like "The Turkey's Revenge" or something along those lines?

-Matt
TheMightyMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #36
pitchus
Userized Register

Send a message via ICQ to pitchus
Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge No.73 ''Life on a farm'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
there's no thanksgiving in my country, i don't really know what would i draw...
Old 31-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #37
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

You know, I didn't even think for a moment about the fact that this is an international board and not everyone would have a thanksgiving day. My first post and already I make with the bad impressions. Sorry about that.

Okay. A good universal suggestion...

Ever watch those campy live action Japanese shows like Kamen Rider, Ulraman or Super Sentai? Something like that could be fun. Especially the giant robot battles.

Matt
Old 31-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #38
pitchus
Userized Register

Send a message via ICQ to pitchus
Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge No.73 ''Life on a farm'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
lol no prob, i'm sure it wasn't a bad idea, but it's just not for everyone... but i like the second one.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #39
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
like the idea with the giant robots.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #40
Joshmb24
Josh Bjorkman

Send a message via MSN to Joshmb24
lets do a robot challenge on our next one.
Joshmb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #41
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Idea: I know threedy is a 3d/2d forum but perhaps we could have a testrun at a photo competition?
It's an artform which a lot of people find fun. So I think a lot of people would join in
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #42
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
trains...toy or real
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #43
chainface
the hairy one

Jeeeeeziz its been longer than moses' beard since ive been here.Feels good te be back!
really loving some of the ideas posted here for the new speed painting challenges!!!
here's a few more that might tickle someones pickle:
How's about taking any inanimate everyday object, mobile/cell phone, laptop, mug, chair, whatever and make into something ominous and life threatening, make it a huge mechanical death trap...whatever, just take a normal object and make it as dangerous as possible.
here's a election of words that might pop out an idea:
Despair
Collapse
tranquility
ominous (yes i love that word hahahaha)
duel
stand off
stalemate
relief

what about maybe taking two periods in history and combine them to create a character/weapon/vehicle?for example combine the American civil war and the stone age

ok...thats enough gumf outta me.
catch yez all soon

Cheers and beers :]#
chainface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #44
zefee

how about a picture that represents an emotion, so make the picture a bit abstract, but shows an emotional theme, this could run with things like love, happiness, sadness etc, it all works, I was mainly thinking about environment rather than people to widen the range to more than expression.

zef
zefee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #45
TheMightyMass
Level 3 Ninja Master

Warrior animals.

Maybe something culinary. Like creative ways to cook an egg or sea creatures working at a sushi bar or the gourmet kitchen of the future.

Edit: Or how about this; If you've ever seen an old sci-fi, you know that we were supposed to be living like the Jetsons or getting Lost in Space like the Robinson family by time this new mellinium rolled around.

So how about a theme of '2009 according to old sci-fi.' Maybe we should be thwarting numerous giant creatures with the help of Ultraman or fighting aliens in transistor powered exo-suits or maybe jetpack-clad secret agents should be spying in an outerspace cold-war. All by 1997.

I dunno. Just spitballing.

-Matt

Last edited by TheMightyMass; 09-01-2009 at 02:08 PM..