>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 15-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #31
dyb3k

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: Won on Speed Animation challanges 'Fishing' 
Total Awards: 3
Lynette-3dt - I don't understand it. So if I have sent my entry for Avatar challenge then I get free issue of 2DArtist and 3DCreative?

By the way it was a great competition!
dyb3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #32
Jibberwocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post
Hey Lynette.

I kinda have a problem.
I go to the register page but then I get a message saying that I don't have permission to access the page.

Any help?
Yeah, I get that too. I guess it's just because registration is closed, but seeing as that was the only way into the gallery it kinda sucks. Ah well. I imagine the whole process will be much smoother next year. Better submission site, more entrants... I'm already looking forward to it.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #33
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
That's correct - you just need to email avatar@3dtotal.com to claim your free issues (we do have a list of all final entrants to check the requesters of magazines are valid)
Quote:
I guess it's just because registration is closed, but seeing as that was the only way into the gallery it kinda sucks. Ah well. I imagine the whole process will be much smoother next year. Better submission site, more entrants... I'm already looking forward to it.
I think you're right. With any new competition, there will always be teething problems to start with, and I imagine the next competition run by these guys will be much better organised. They have the great prizes and the great judges nailed, so with a little better organisation and these little areas of confusion better explained for all, the next challenge should be a blast!

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #34
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
I see, well its a shame but thank you for the information then ^^
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
xeni

Send a message via MSN to xeni
Smile

HI i got the free issues it looks kool. really like it thanks for free issues. tc

good luck in the competition.
tc
xeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #36
cobaltblue
is the purest blue

wow, I also just claimed my free mag yestrday and I must say Im very happy w/ it thanks to the sales team and Lynette.
inside d mag was very cool stuffs!
to all d other avatar participants dont forget to claim them.
thanks again.
cobaltblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #37
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Oww ya, forgot about the magazine's, i'll claim mine streight away.

These guys sure take there time Judging, anyway it was a awsome competition really helped push the creative skill a step further.
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #38
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Quote:
These guys sure take there time Judging
Yup, but then there are a lot of judges, so you can understand why it's taking a while. But at least you've got some real pros judging - can't be a bad thing!

Old 24-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #39
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynette-3dt View Post
Yup, but then there are a lot of judges, so you can understand why it's taking a while. But at least you've got some real pros judging - can't be a bad thing!
Well can't argue with that.

You can help support the project here

CURRENT RIG:
Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI RADEON 2GB GDDR5.
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #40
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Hello everyone, I had an update yesterday from the AVATAR guys: they're just waiting on 2 3d judges', and 8 2d judges' votes - once them have them all in, they can make an announcement of the winners of the categories, so shouldn't be too long now. As the judging panels are so big, it's taking a while to get everyone's votes in - perhaps next time they'll go for a slightly more modest list of judges to reduce time at this stage

Old 30-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #41
outlander

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition. 
Total Awards: 1
any news?
outlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #42
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Quote:
any news?
as soon as i know, you'll know

Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #43
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Just chased this up for you: they're just waiting on 3 2d judges' votes, which they expect within a few days. So not long now! As soon as I have news, I'll post in in this forum. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #44
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Cool. It wont be long now!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #45
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Cool. It wont be long now!
Hopefully just a few days. Promise to post in these forums as soon as I know anything