>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #46
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Cool. It wont be long now!
Hopefully just a few days. Promise to post in these forums as soon as I know anything

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #47
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Update!

I have been chasing this up for you, I promise; I've just heard back from the AVATAR guys and I'm told that I should have the list of final winners soon. Corel and Wacom are also being asked to select a "sponsor's choice" award, so this is what they're waiting for now (I have told them that they should perhaps cut the number of judges down for their next challenge to avoid making you all wait so long; I think keeping the quality of the judges, but reducing the quantity, would be the way to go - I hope you and they agree).

By the way, they've also told me that they've posted some information on the cgartaward.com website, so it might be worth heading on over to check that out while you wait to hear the final info from me.

Fingers crossed for all Threedy entrants!!

Old 13-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #48
Jibberwocky

Thanks much for the update. And yeah, I definitely agree. I'm itching to see how Washka and Mr Carl did, their pieces are awesome.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #49
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
That's really nice Jibberwocky, but there was so many awesome pieces, amazing contest!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #50
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Some news? Next week it will be the 25 of april, schedule was 25 of march, we're waiting since nearly one month...
Sound like a joke.
But it's my first contest, is the judging process always like that? Or it's just because there are too many judges?
Maybe they forgot about this...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 19-04-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Old 19-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #51
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I think itīs because there are many judges and itīs the first time for this challenge.
I will probably go allot smother the next time, and even better the next time after that.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #52
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
I think it's because it's their first contest and they got carried away and asked so many judges. On top of that they have also asked Wacom and Corel for votes - trust me when I assure you that I have tried to hurry them along, and even suggested that they give the results weeks ago and accept the loss of some votes simply to prevent you all waiting so long. I hope for their next challenge that they do not ask so many judges - it's all well keeping judges and the sponsors happy, but in doing this they have caused upset in the people the challenge is for - you - and I think this could affect participation in their next challenge because of this lack of attention to you all. I am frequently chasing them up, so please be assured of that - all is still in process and getting there, they're now just waiting on the votes from Corel and Wacom (which I think are unecessary but sometimes people get carried away and they'll have to learn from their mistakes I guess). I'm sorry you've all had to wait so long, I'll let you know as soon as I know anything else.

Old 19-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #53
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
I would lie saying that I'm not impatient, that's youth's privilege.
But sometimes I'm myself reaaally slow when I evaluate or choose something, so in someway I can understand the judges's slowness.
And there is also 130 entries for 25 judges, and those are quality judges (I think), I've been looking the half part of the entries (I know there is a lot) and I've seen some really good ones, so it makes the sentence more interesting than one from a low numbered judge panel or from a low entries contest, so I can't really complain...
But I agree with you, maybe they should have annouced a preview selection without waiting on the vote from Corel and Wacom, but maybe they can't, (sponsor's stuff...) I don't know... But if they take too much time, it won't be a good publicity for them, you're totally right about that.
I don't know about reducing the judge's panel, I've never organized a CG contest, maybe It's just some organisation problem or lack of time, but I'm quite sure you right.
And don't worry, I'm convinced you're hurrying them, I won't reproach you anything because I know you're also waiting, just like us.
Maybe after the 25 april I'll make a thread asking the avatar's participants to make their own judgment (to choose one of the 130 entries other than theirs) because it's also interesting to get their point of view, with your permission can I? Or maybe it wouldn't be a good idea?

Old 20-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Let me email them again today washka and I'll see if we'll have to wait any longer than 25th April. It is a nice idea to set up a thread to discuss the finals - perhaps just for the Threedy entries? Let me see if we can get the results before the 25th and then we'll consider doing something like you've suggested to keep interest going here

Old 20-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #55
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Good news everyone, the results are in ... but they're in Russian (d'oh). They're going to be translating the final results article and sending it to me tomorrow in English, so ... fingers crossed everyone! We wish you all luck!

Old 20-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #56
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Yiiiiipppieieiei
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #57
xeni

Send a message via MSN to xeni
good news, good luck to all of you.
tc
xeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #58
Jibberwocky

Sweet. Thanks much for being so persistent, Lynette. Somehow I think the results would have come in next month without that.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #59
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Nice, we'll see tomorow...

Old 20-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #60
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Yup, good luck to all who entered *fingers crossed for some Threedy finalists*