>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Stylized Challenge

Old 21-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #16
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
if we have more than 1 entry, are both valid or do we have to choose a final image? also how are the winners chosen, through public voting or judges?
Old 21-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #17
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

Hi, All entries are valid and its public Voting. Evryone who has entered will give us their top 3 and well add them up.
ben-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #18
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Sorry if U write that and I not undestern, but U will make an final entry thread like in low poly comp where we post our final reders or we must chose our final entry and post it in the same competiton thread ?

tnx,
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #19
mim
Arm&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; you !

Send a message via Yahoo to mim
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammering3D
Sorry if U write that and I not undestern, but U will make an final entry thread like in low poly comp where we post our final reders or we must chose our final entry and post it in the same competiton thread ?

tnx,
Good idea, it will be good if we send all of finall works to a new thread then choos n vote between them clearly
,mim
Whistle through your comb!
Do a loony-goony dance
‘Cross the kitchen floor!
Put something silly in the world!
That ain’t been there before!
"Sell Silverstain"
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #20
mim
Arm&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; you !

Send a message via Yahoo to mim
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Question wich is true?!

Quote:
Hi Palantir, really great first entry! ...feel free to make as many designs, models and renders as you like but it's best if you just submit your favourite/best one only at the end to go into the voting.
or:
Quote:
Hi, All entries are valid and its public Voting. Evryone who has entered will give us their top 3 and well add them up.
should we choose final one for public judjment or we can compet all of our entries?!
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #21
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 

For 3DTOTAL Staff

When competition pass by and more ppl join I find more and more dificult to vote, and I think if the competition go foword it will be more dificult.
In camel compettion I really not satisfied with my vote, and brake my soul in two,
It was unfair to leave out from voting the extreamly hi detailed models, but if I vote for them I leave outside the simple but verry funny and perfect entrys that give a big smile on my face,
But if I read the guidelines and undestearn it I think my votes where with them, but even that is true how to ignore that amazing models with so perfect detailes ?

The guidelines sond like that:
What are we looking for?
Funny and humourous entries which break the animal down to its most recognizable components, enphasize these in whichever ways you think best and render your stylized/abstact/cartoon masterpiece.

So if I undestern right, we must make the animal simple but perfect and when U look at it U'd say WOW that is a funny CAMEL, etc. And I think sometime is harder to make something simple with few details but reconizable and with nice expresion, (and I think that stylization si abut) than very complex and detailed and reconizable and with nice expresion.

So if I undester right, some verry hi detailed images that where post in this and past chalenges not break the animal down to most reconizable part, but some time add more details that real animal have.

... and my questions is what to vote ? ... I can't ignore the nice and detailed artworks some ppl made, but that simpe and funny entryes that make silly animals really makes my day and I prefer them in this competition ...

Sorry for beeing anoing, but I'm not complaining, just want to be fair or to undestern better the guidelines, and first of all sorry for my english and hope U undestern the ideea of what I write.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #22
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

I understand, but we cant vote for everyone!
ben-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #23
Antievo-3DT
The Viking Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Antievo-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Hammering3D:

The members that vote do not have to vote for the model that holds the best technical achievements. You should vote for the model you like the best, and tell people why you like it as much as you do. Some people are naturally more skilled than others, and some have been doing this for years. That enables them to work faster, create more detailed models, pass their models through multiple applications - and other things some artists might not have learned yet. It would be just as unfair to the experienced artists to exclude them from a challenge because of their technical achievements, as it would be to not vote for the best idéa or the cutest model - just because the artists technical skill level is at a lower level. You just have to vote for the entry that is the most overall appealing to you, and call it a fair vote. The criteria on wich you base your vote is an individual stand. As we count all the individual votes and call out a winner based on the majority of the viewers/voters opinions - it will be a fair call.

EDIT:
Picking your favorite is never easy.

Antievo.

Last edited by Antievo-3DT; 08-03-2007 at 08:40 PM..
Antievo-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #24
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
So we just vote what we personaly like best, beeing an simple model or a complex one ... and is just personal opinion, and vote for the model that we like the overall look even some time is simple and less complex that other models ... ok I got it now, I'll not feel guilty anymore ,

tnx guys...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #25
Antievo-3DT
The Viking Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Antievo-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Hammering3D:

I believe so! That's what I would do. As far as I know, the rules do not say what aspects of the entry you are to weight in making your desition. The ones that weight the technical aspect will vote for that and the ones that weight the concept/idéa will vote for that. The count of the votes will show what the majority favours. As the majority has spoken - the result will be fair. Though, you should always state why you are voting for your chosen entry!

Antievo.

EDIT:
Please do correct me,
if I'm wrong about this Tom.

Last edited by Antievo-3DT; 08-03-2007 at 08:43 PM..
Antievo-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #26
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Yes, that is fair, the majority will decide ... tnx again.
Old 16-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #27
Pathan Power

Hey yh what Programme do i acctually use to do this ?
Pathan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #28
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathan Power
Hey yh what Programme do i acctually use to do this ?
Any 3D software Package:

- Maya
- 3D Studio Max
- Cinema4D
- TrueSpace
- Rhino3D

etc ...

Click the names to go to the softwares home pages.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #29
PowerCat

When does the competition end usally, like for the Snail one?
PowerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #30
Warin-3DT
Scientist who falls in love with art

Send a message via MSN to Warin-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCat
When does the competition end usally, like for the Snail one?
Hi!

The deadline for all entries to be posted (WIP, stages, concept etc) is the end of the every month GMT. So it will be on Thursday 31th May for the Snail competition.

After that the week later (1st - 7th), all entries will have to post their final image in a post which will be created sperately later.

Ane then the voting time is start, normall is run for 1 week (8th-15th).

Finally, the result will be announced and the top 3 winners will provide the making of of their image which will be published in the 3DCreative Magazine and get the prizes from our huge colllections, as list in page 1!

More than that, all entries will get a free copy of magazine too!

Hope this helps : )

Good luck and thanks for joining us!

Warin