>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
BradMan

Atomhawk - 2D - Prophecy - BradMan

Hi everyone.
I'm a Senior Designer/Illustrator/Art Director and a newbie at digital painting and this is the first time I'm entering a competition. Thanks to 3dtotal for allowing me the opportunity to showcase my talent. I've left it quite late as I've been quite busy but here is my entry with story ideas and skethes. I have 2 ideas skethes, and felt it necessary to get your input so please feel free to say which is your fav. I favour the one of the hero in battle, but still unsure? I am confident I can make the deadline as I need max a day and a half to complete.

Thanks!

Story: Very simple. Atomhawk is the subject of prophecy who will rid his people of an evil wizard and his army who has held his people captive as slaves for years. Oh and he had this special sword that gives him s extraordinary strengh only in his hands

genre: Conan meets Lord of the Rings style fantasy
Attached Images

Last edited by BradMan; 11-04-2011 at 02:16 PM..
BradMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
BradMan

Forgot to add...this is still a WIP thread
Old 13-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Fri94

Hey Brad, Its my first comp too im still learning to paint myself I think the competition its a great way to push yourself to improve, looking forward to seeing your entry.

Personaly the first makes a better poster, the composition on the second one is possibly a bit weak around the mid section, although I really like the arrayed bad guys it the top left.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it
Fri94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
BradMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri94 View Post
Hey Brad, Its my first comp too im still learning to paint myself I think the competition its a great way to push yourself to improve, looking forward to seeing your entry.
Definately. Thank god for the extension as I got so busy with a deadline I did'nt manage to touch it.

Thanks for the advice as that was my fav too. I guess my skecthes does'nt quite look finished but I prefer it that way as it leaves a bit for the imagination once I start painting.

Wishing you well with your entry! Enjoy every bit of it.
Old 14-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
ipranawake
Compositor, Sri Lanaka.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Since it is 14th today ... and less than 4 days remaining .... Hope you could be super fast and finish this on time ... bcos its going to be a great classic movie poster ..... I also wanted to do an artwork with several characters together, but wasn't confident enough with the deadline and my speed ....

Hope you could finish it .... good luck !!!!!
ipranawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
BradMan

Thank you for the kind words... I have officially started to paint and will post a wip soon....
Old 15-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
BradMan

4 hours into it, have'nt figured out what to do with the wizard and the background yet. I've changed the armour of the army and gave them abit of a Uruk-Hau look. Still lots of detail to add. I know I need to ligten the ground/negative space, but until tomorrow evening, this is it for now. Comments anyone?
Attached Images

Old 15-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
I think it looks good so far! keep up
elgama is offline   Reply With Quote