>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
My Lobo WIP *large images*

Sup Guys, Heres my lobo wip that i been busy with for a while now, thought ide share. The legs look small but he is 8 heads high. Lemmie kw what u think. Still gotta do the hair, his chains, etc.
Attached Images

Freekybevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Looks pretty good. Though without the hair and chains, it really isn't Lobo.

I think the legs issue is that fact the the waste is too low. Most of the concepts that are more cartoony have Lobo's arms larger than proportional and more barrel chested then smaller narrower lower body. What I see here is that the pelvis, legs, and feet all seem to be trying to keep proportion with the upper body, but only in thickness not in length. If you shrink them more then (but keep the length) you should get them looking less stubby.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
like the work so far. seems overall Lobo's exaggerated muscularity is captured well in ur character. the boots look especially nice with weathering on the toe and other areas. keep it going, can't wait to see him w/ his trademark lions mane
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
roel
newbe

Send a message via AIM to roel
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
the knee caps look a bit too high. I think you're a bit in between the catoony huge upperbody and tiny legs, and the more realistic (2nd down from the right in your ref material) body.
roel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Nice sculpt! The knee caps r definately too high. He looks like he has no tighs.