>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
The Sculpting Challenge - 006 - Voting

The sixth sculpting challenge final entries are in and it's time to decide a winner. This job rests in the hands of you, the participants and spectators!
There's a slight modification to the rules for voting, but it will not affect participants in any way.

Find your three favorite entries and rank them from first to third giving them points according to this formula:

1st: 3 points
2nd: 2 points
3rd: 1 point

-Only the rank and names are required, and we would prefer if the thread is kept clean of chatter and such, but feel free to give a reason why you chose the ones you did.
-In order for your vote to be valid, your post count must be 50 or above to prevent a "fixed election". Only exception is if you have contributed an entry yourself.
-Additionally, if you are not a contributor of this challenge, you also need to have registered on the Threedy Forums at least six months ago.

-It goes without saying that all voters MUST look through each of the entries before posting their score, and only entries from the final submissions thread are valid.
-Don't vote for yourself.

We will add up all the points and announce the winner on Tuesday August 5th at 10:00 AM GMT, or if we see it fit before that (no votes for 24 hours etc).

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 29-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Fellipe Lopes

Send a message via MSN to Fellipe Lopes
1 - Dalton Muniz
2 - Groomie
3 - Pigmonz
Old 29-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Wildwire- 3pts
Crabpeople- 2pts
Sandpiper- 1pts

Great jobs everyone!
Wildwire- I love how clean and original your sculpt is. Im definalty adding yours to my 'inspiration' collection.
Crabpeople- Though not quite the 'angel' most would invision, yours is way too well sculpted to ignore! Fantastic!
Sandpiper- I love the pose! Its shows so much emotion and I think the most important part of a 'speed sculpt' is the feeling, details come with time.
Old 29-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
thee

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
i love these challenges, hope it stays short and fast. Great job everyone!
1-SeveredSon
2-Sandpiper
3-biano3d
Old 29-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Sandpiper
It's for the children...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 10
1- wildwire - nice style and interpretation. Another great sculpt for your piling collection!
2- severedson - I like the simple angelic pose as well as the fun details you added. Wings look great! Great sci-fi approach.
3- slangford - feels like what an angel would look like to me. However, there's something unsettling about an angel with boobies, but great nonetheless...especially for a first time speed sculptor!
Old 29-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
chrisskinner

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Great work guys!!!

1- WildWire
2- Sandpiper
3- bryzol
Old 29-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
DELTATHUND3R

1.Wildwire
2.SeveredSon
3.Fellipe Lopes
Old 29-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
Intervain

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Goblin mechanic made it to the frontpage! 
1. Helioz - because it's the most expressive of all IMO
2. CrabPeople - original [love the crown!]
3. WildWire - most refined finish, which is always great to see...

best of luck!
Old 29-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
clee101

1. Wildwire- Kool and unique design. Nice stylized sculpt.

2. Crabpeople- Nice sculpt. Great details.

3. Sandpiper- Great expression and pose. Nice sculpt.
Old 29-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #10
RockstarKate
Maxaholics Anonymous

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Oops, I didn't finish mine in time. Got distracted...
Anyway, my vote based on how closely the subject was interpreted, level of completeness, and sculpting skill. I did not vote for incomplete (ie, great face, but no detail on wings) entries:
1st Puckducker: Great sculpt, has a lot of expression, I love the face. Nice overall level of detail too.
2nd WildWire: looks great, I love the style and execution. Simple, but unique.
3rd Bgen: I love the face and pose.

Last edited by RockstarKate; 30-07-2008 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: reason for voting
Old 29-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #11
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Was a really hard one to vote on.

1rst - kazmamurat . love the concept of half/half good and evil. i think it's brilliant.Execution great as allways.
2nd - biano3d - love his expression, tells a story quite a story. old and vary he is, in fightiong evil.
3rd - WildWire great concept and clean execution.

i liked also Sandpiper, Puckducker, CrapPeople, Helioz, Slangford everyone else great Job on participation.
Old 29-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #12
gnome
Stray Soul

Send a message via ICQ to gnome Send a message via MSN to gnome
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Wrestling Move'' 
Total Awards: 3
1st platypus_green - We'll get more challenges with faces, but I guess we won't be seeing wings again that soon. Best wings by far in my opinion, 1st place.
2nd Crab People - Great twist on the theme, awesome implementation. 'nuff said.
3rd bryzol - Nice pose, love the expression and flowing hair.

Lots of great entries, good work everyone!
Old 29-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #13
Abelion
En la Parra

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Mad Hamish (Discworld) image plugged in the top news bar. 
1. Helioz
2. Wildwire
3. Kazmamurat
Old 30-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #14
grommie
DDD Addicted

Send a message via MSN to grommie
1-Fellipe Lopez - Really like the wings alphas and the face expression buddy
2-Dalton Muniz - nice work buddy
3-Kazmamurat - again, your sculpting tecnique is really strong, and love the woman anatomy.

www.codornafilmes.com.br/glauco
Old 30-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #15
skullbeast
ghost......

My choices are purely based on the skill level of the artist (not because we are pals).

1- wild wire _ I love the style "great material, It appears rendered."

2 crab people _ Impressive way to work your subtools.

3 kazmamurat _ Great concept and execution.

It was a tough call for who took second for me. Best of luck folks!
www.skullbeast.com
Vampyre... 3d video
myspace
Lucifer render...
Closed Thread