>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 05-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #76
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
mrpeculiar: Thanks for sharing your scale technique. And yeah, you got an hour left, so maybe there's something you want to perfect.

mre: The idea is very cool, having a ghostly presence around what I guess is a necromancer's staff. However, in case you win any of the first three places, that staff would be quite impossible to print in 3d. Just a thought.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #77
Emeth003

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
MAGIC STAFF by EMETH003

Hi guys,

Half year back I did hero with magical staff and now I doing remake of his weapon.

If you want see more of my and my friend's works go to http://hiresheroes.com/
Hope you like it.

Here is my hero and work in progress of new variant of magical staff:
Attached Images

Emeth003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #78
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Sweet Jesus! Welcome back, Emeth! Been wondering where you were.

That's an awesome start to the staff. I like the idea of a subdued demonic essence.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #79
Emeth003

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Freespace-3DT - thank you
Last time I was on bussines trip and now I'm back
Thanks for your welcome.
Emeth003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #80
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
Holy moly Emeth, that greatness.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #81
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 8
Awesome sculpts so far; haven't had time to get back into these challenges until now. Here's my staff, ran out of time to add anything else.
Used two trinkets, the top skull & the "orb".
Attached Images

VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #82
DELTATHUND3R

Dam if I knew emeths bosses number I should have called and said keep emeth bizzy for another 2 weeks...lolol.
Emeth as per usual that looks pretty wikked..How long did that take.very impressive head of staff..
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #83
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
And a great entry from VersionThirst! The two hands holding together is original. The whole staff looks intricate, bony and evil, I must say.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #84
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
I really like your style emeth.
very clean sculpture.
this is amazing buddy.
congrats and keep this up.
version - like the shape of the hands....the concept too...keep going man.
www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #85
HighPolyBear

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
2:20 so far. Evil Druid Staff.
Name:  EvilForestStaff01.jpg
Views: 2683
Size:  47.0 KB
HighPolyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #86
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Really cool, HighPolyBear! I haven't heard of an evil druid before ( except for certain people in WoW ). Looking forward to seeing your work completed.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #87
ale3dfx
Alessandro M. Ribeiro

Send a message via MSN to ale3dfx
Hello I am participating artists to contribute to this forum that is doing brilliant growth of so many artists my small contribution took 2 hours to reach this result, I hope you like it even more.
Attached Images

ale3dfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #88
HighPolyBear

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Thx Freespace! I think, this is a rezult of demons invasion, like burning legion, may be . The mind of forest and druids who lived there was corrupted.
HighPolyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #89
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
I havent gotten the zbrush 3.12 upgrade yet if not would have done something for the cotest already, hopefully will get it this week, nice work everybody
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #90
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
ale3dfx: Welcome to the challenge! You've still got some time to finish up your sculpt.

HighPolyBear: Clearly, it is the work of Archimonde!

capitan_popo: Hope you join in, too.

Tags
3dtotal, challenge, magical, print, sculpt, speed, staff