>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 AM   #91
xllr8

can edgeloops be added in zbrush ?

eg: tool>geometry>edgeloop?
xllr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #92
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Sorry, xllr8, but no, you cannot alter the topology of the base meshes for the contest. It's part of the challenge. Looking forward to see your entry.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #93
BurntToast

Send a message via AIM to BurntToast
This challenge has had some amazing entries so far. I can't wait to see all the final entries.
BurntToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #94
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Hey Sculptors, not long left now - let's see some more magical staffs!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #95
cookedmouse

Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time to do this contest. I really wanted to do it, but I can't. All you guys are doing more awesome! Keep up the great work!
cookedmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #96
pixolclay

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
My Staff

hey everyone, this is my first time joining any of the 3D Total challenges and just wanted to show everyone my progress so far. Still have about 1 hour and 45 min left so hope to get it all done. Any crits are more than welcome.
Attached Images

pixolclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #97
DELTATHUND3R

Looking good.Looks like a mud monsters staff.But so far I like it..
Submitted my final good luck to all who joined in on this latest challenge..
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #98
strict9
xyz to uv YO

common people...get your butts into gear.....almost deadline time.
so make it a good one or these challenges will become extinct
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #99
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
So here is my staff so far. I've got about an hour left and I still have not used one trinket (the horns are the other two).
As for an explination..

This staff is a warning. Long ago, in a forgotten land.. a man rose up against the laws of nature. Calling himself a 'Dark Wizard', he inflicted pain and suffering on all that he saw. With no regard for the earth, he began creating beasts and demons to destroy and spread his hate throughout the land. No longer being able to stand by and watch this mortals insolence, the Spirits of the Earth decided to make an example of this 'wizard' and his beasts. After slaying the wizard and his dragon, the Spirits encapsulated both of their skulls, along with all their power, into this one staff... to serve as a reminder to all those who seek to spread hate.

... or something like that
Attached Images

slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #100
DELTATHUND3R

Slangford,thats a really wikked staff.Scary looking .
Awsome work .
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #101
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
great staffs from everyone.

here is what i made so far

edit: been about 1 20min so far.... dunno if i finish it or make another new one. Depends on the time i have.
Attached Images

Last edited by bgen; 11-10-2008 at 03:21 PM..
bgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #102
fastero
erO

here is my entry
Attached Images

fastero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #103
strict9
xyz to uv YO

just a question for future reference.
is the use of different materials and polypainting considered as texturing?
so i can be prepared for the next challenge.
thx
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #104
mafida
nic mi sie nie chce:p

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 15 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''demonic overseer'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hello.Great work everyone!
And one from me -4,5 hours last night after drink to much cofee

Ps.Sorry for my english
Attached Images

mafida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #105
HighPolyBear

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
Fantastic work mafida, my favorite so far.
bgen i like your as well.
I think ive done.
Name:  EvilForestStaff02.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  59.3 KB
HighPolyBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3dtotal, challenge, magical, print, sculpt, speed, staff