>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Matte Painting - "Dragons Lair"

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Public Voting

For voting and vote rules please head to http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=71405

Note that you need to have at least 50 posts on this forum or be a challenge participant in order to vote.
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
miledream

I am new to this, how do you actually vote? You just reply the thread with your personal choice?
miledream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
denniz

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
What is the criteria we should be judging on? 'Photorealistic', 'Forum participation', 'true to concept', etc?
denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
miledream

I think it would be the criteria stated in the challenge description.

realism, story telling, style.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
denniz

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Agreed. I was just hoping for more specifics as I am having trouble deciding my votes between a few enteries. Also I am confused about how we vote for 3 but 5 make it to the next private judging. How do the last get voted in? And was it originally the 'top 10' to make it to the finals? I guess I'm a little confused and do not want mess up my votes till I figure this out.
denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
miledream

i think it will work out like this, each of the 3 votes you made will go towards individual contestant, like 1st place (3 points), 2nd place (2 points), etc.

"so for example, if two people voted you as their personal favour, you will get 6 points (3+3), if two people voted me as their 2nd personal favour, I will get 4 points (2+2)"

Then I think 3dtotal staff will add up all these points at the end of the week, and shortlist the entries by picking out 10 of the contestants that has the highest points.

At the end, the judges will pick out the top 5 places from these 10 entries. (So technically, ur personal vote will not affect who gets the first place, as long as they made it into the final 10)

correct me if i am wrong

Last edited by miledream; 01-12-2009 at 12:38 PM..