>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 27-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Bulygin

Dominance War V - 3D - HYPOSTASIS - Bulygin

I have some ideas for concept... it should be something ancient and powerfull)

UPDATES:
LOW

HIGH

Attached Images

Last edited by Bulygin; 26-05-2011 at 10:39 PM..
Bulygin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
Hi Bulygin,

I like the top part of the concept, the legs are weaker though. Maybe something from the other silhouetes will work.

Cheers

koyima
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Very cool concept, sorta looks like a mechanized stone golem.

I agree with koyima, the legs probably need some more development, they just don't seem to fit in proportionally with the rest of him. Could just be about working with the proportions of the torso, it seems really long in comparison to the legs.

Great start though, and welcome to 3Dtotal!

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Pockets
The Common Karl

I just have three questions: What is it a god of? Will this be 2d or 3d? And when can I see more?

If you wanted something powerful looking, I think you did a good job with that initial concept. I agree with the others about the legs, it looks as though he would barely be able to move, and if you can convey massive power AND great agility/movement I think that would give it even more umph.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
+1 to everything thats been said :P

looking pretty good

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Bulygin

Dominance War V -3d- my God - Bulygin

koyima
Puckducker
Pockets
miclepickle

thank you, it will be 3d and it is something like a.... god of ruins or god from ruins), i call it smoking scarab , but anyway it is just begin

little up
Attached Images

Old 28-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The legs look much nice now like they could really hold his weight.. His head is really intriguing, how is his neck in there I am reading it like he has a pencil neck?
Old 29-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Bulygin

little up
Attached Images

Old 29-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
think i like the legs in #6 better. nice character. I really like the tribal look.
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Wow nice one! Like this big golem one. Looks like an ancient warmachine.
Prefered old right arm. Good concept work so far, keep it up!
Can you explain a bit more lill'l symbolic on da side, mechanistic I bet?

I liked the lill' legs because it gives a "HUGE" mood to all da stuff, but comments against it are justified...
In my personal opinion I would have scaled up da body and make da legs EVEN smaller, I know... No cartoon like...

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 02:54 AM   #11
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Yep liking the legs a lot more. I think the foot could do with a bit wider base (the legs stay the same size) to give him a bit more stability, but it's a great looking design regardless. Looking forward to seeing him modeled out.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Bulygin

quick searching forms
Attached Images

Old 30-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
pretty cool concept!

gl
Old 30-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #14
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Don't know if this is the best way to approach this guy (the zspheres I mean), will check in and see how it turns out.
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #15
CGzero
3d and Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyima View Post
Don't know if this is the best way to approach this guy (the zspheres I mean), will check in and see how it turns out.
It might be fine if he is using it as a guide.