>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 15-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
ATOMHAWK 3D - Old Men's Lies - Dhin

My placeholder.

Don't worry it will all make sense in the end.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
I spent time this weekend thinking about what I wanted to do for this. So Old Men's lies was going to be a war story, but I just wasn't getting anywhere with the initial idea.

So I have two new ideas:

First is a gritty futuristic film noir detective story, sort of a black and white Blade Runner meets Maltese Falcon idea. But the main character is actually taking form. He is a tough wizened "retired" beat cop, only thing is a beat cops pension for a gimpped up beat cop isn't good enough to buy you a coffee at any two-bit dinner. As a result he's turned to doing PI work just so he can make enough to keep a crappy little shoe box of a hovel to call home paid for. He lives in a bad section of town, people die or disappear from those streets everyday. No one notices or cares, most of the time. It's a place where asking questions about such things can get you killed. He asks the questions anyway, it what he does. His weapon is almost an antique, but it is dependable like him. He uses a modified Atomhawk .44 sidearm, he often ridiculed for using it over newer and more advanced weapons.

Plot-wise the Detective starts out just taking job to pay his rent. Most of the time he ends up on the losing side of the job too. Not making anything and ending back up at square one, broke and rent being due. But when a hooker who rented the room next too his winds up dead in the streets, he starts an investigation that will trudge up the ghosts of his past, and set the city alight in a bloodbath of corruption and intrigue.

Second idea is a sci-fi space frontier type called Atomhawk: Fatal Glory. A small crew and ship are the last surviving vessel of a much larger fleet. They had been making a final stand and been totally decimated by the unknown aggressors. It has been only three months since first contact, and in that time nearly all of humanity had been destroyed. Small pockets or resistance where all that remained, mustering their forces them made one final assault and failed. Now only the Atomhawk was left, running for its life though the infinite black, trying to find a reason for the attacks, a means of fighting back and a way to stop the unknown enemy from completing their goal of the total genocide of humanity.

I'm going to try and spend sometime over the next few days sketching some poster ideas.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote