>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 31-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #31
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
hulahuga: Hmm, greeble might be an interesting thing to try out. Even if just for the initial visualization of how the buildings should be placed. I do like the idea of a windmill too, I'm going to try to do as many visually interesting buildings as I can, rather than just stick to generic cubes (though, they'll make up a good portion of the filler)

LemonW: Thanks man. I feel like he's more like a Titan/Colossus, but I feel that's pretty squarely in "god-like" territory.

BiG ToE-3DT: Cheers, absolutely, the more the better. I'm pretty happy that this character has a bit more of an interesting foundation to it than the characters I've made in the past, who were typically just in the "bad ass armor" school of design.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #32
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
The Titan King Kronos was actually Zeus's father (which Zeus killed), so father to God is pretty high in the food chain.
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #33
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Found the Nemesis brother of your god:
http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=19523

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #34
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Nah, Puckducker's looks like hell raising from earth, whereas that other one looks like a stoney Tree Ent.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #35
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh yeaaah!
Old 31-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #36
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
So I would suggest the focus is on the volcanic nature of the concept so there is contrast between the two gods.
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #37
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
It's 2D, so it doesn't really matter.
I know Puckducker'll kick his *ss, he already got da war in da sack.

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:43 AM   #38
Puckducker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
I will break HIIIMM.....well, I suppose it's 2D, so I can probably use it as awesome ref. Thanks a lot for posting up that thread Washka.

Worked up a pretty basic basemesh to bring into zBrush later. Not too concerned with the overall shape right now. I'm thinking I'm going to do the majority of the sculpting with the character posed, given he's going to be fairly asymmetrical. Makes it tough to work out a good basemesh since I'd like to work mirrored for as long as I can.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:

Old 01-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #39
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
There is another reference (sorry I found it while doing other research, it was pure luck) you could go see:

=> CGsculpt => challenge => Boss Battle => The Yellowstone beast.
The themes are more zombie and demon like, but the sculpting's worth da visit, and he's got a volcano onto his back.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #40
Puckducker

Awards Showcase
Again, coming up with some killer ref Washka. Actually I believe that's the same sculpt GoodAtom pointed me to before, but it is a pretty perfect piece of ref.

Did some sketching in Zbrush tonight trying to see if I can sculpt some mountany/rocky forms that have a feeling of scale to them. Not sure quite how successful I feel like I was, but it was a good exercise. I'm going to really need to pay attention to the simple slopes and forms of the mountain when I go forward.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:

Last edited by Puckducker; 02-04-2011 at 04:37 AM..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #41
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Now with such good ref. , you can't do anything else than a killer entry, no excuses.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #42
Puckducker

Awards Showcase
First update on the sculpt. I started off sculpting mirrored but quickly abandoned that since the shape and form I want for this guy isn't exactly symmetrical.

So I quickly threw him into a rough pose and started sculpting away. Very early stuff but I'm pretty happy with the overall shape at this point.

It should be noted that the legs and particularly the feet will be less recognizable as I plan to sorta have them be more melted molten lava rather than full formed and defined legs.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:

Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #43
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
You've got the same problem than me with legs conformation.
You'll understand soon enough.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #44
Puckducker

Awards Showcase
Update. Got most of the forms at least blocked in....not entirely satisfied with everything, but for the moment it's nice to just to have some stuff there to build on.

The skull head I'd like to integrate more into the design as the shape of the mountain continues to evolve.

The city/birds are just there for a temp to give me a good scale reference to sculpt with. The actual scale of the city might be different in the end.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:

Old 06-04-2011, 05:10 AM   #45
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
this is starting to take shape . looks great so far .ceep it coming
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote