>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The All New Speed Modelling Challenges

Old 30-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #16
pables
Modoler!

Send a message via MSN to pables
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.057 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge #24  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge ''Walk this way'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge 
Total Awards: 12
Wow Cg, that's a really cool topic! I can imagine great entries coming! Happy modelling mates!
Old 30-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #17
timberwo7ves
rawr.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Users Who Have Already Recieved Awards  	Issue reason	Issue time	Controls	Remove PKT	3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
where it all began

I learnt a new term: 'pixel aspect ratio correction' :S sorry for the dodgy renders.
0 marks for clean modelling; inside faces and unnecessary edgeloops.

-
added a textured render, probably won't have time to do it nicely this week, so that's it til next SMC. can't wait to see everyone elses :]
Attached Images

Last edited by timberwo7ves; 30-04-2011 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: beauty render is too large :S confused like.
timberwo7ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #18
ocin

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
hey paulius! i get your point and I think your right! I will just model in t pose and then rig it for the beauty shot! (when I hopefully find some time to participate )

nice entry timberwo7ves! we want to see it colored!

cheers
ocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #19
timberwo7ves
rawr.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Users Who Have Already Recieved Awards  	Issue reason	Issue time	Controls	Remove PKT	3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
thanks ocin, hopefully this will be a good one on which to learn unwrappingm quite boxy
Old 30-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Really pleased with such an early positive reaction. I might have to model the arcade cabinet myself, I remember playing Street Fighter I and playing a Ryu with red hair and it being quite hard to progress. Then Street Fighter II came along and I went for Ken who was like a psycho ryu character and fell in love with he game from then on. Having to learn the six button combo's and special moves was a challenge but a great game. Especially in the school's youth club and doing the winner stay's on trying to defeat the best players there. Alot of the girls playing the game would opt for the bash any button effect and strangely win alot more as they would go as the only girl in the game Chun Li and skank (slang for cheat) by repeatdly pushing the hurrican kick move. Unless you were Ryu, Ken or Blanka you'd lose. When Street Fighter II turbo came to the Snes that was when I was in my element and remember playing it long into the night at various levels to try and get better. I also remember an arcade version that was at a fair that was hacked called the rainbow hack which allowed mid air attacks and fireballs, so much so that on guile's stage you could walk on top of the jet wing and on top of the baths in e honda's stage, and there was a cheat that allowed you to go behind the fence on Vega's stage, so all you needed to do was hit vega a few times and leap behind until the timer ran out to win For some reason the Japanese version had character names changed, either that or the european names were changed as Bison was the original name for Balrog, and Vega was M Bison etc etc, also I remember vividly a arcade cab at a kid's club that had Street Fighter II World Warrior with Akuma unlocked, which must have been hacked as he was a hidden character in the Championship Edition.

Anyway off to model something else, maybe a mashup of a famous character dressed as a street fighter character lol.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #21
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
Well John you really justify your nickname

Although i'm nowhere near to your standards of gameplay, i've have an excellent concepet for this onr, hope it turns out as planned and as good looking as it's in my head...
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocneasta View Post
Well John you really justify your nickname

Although i'm nowhere near to your standards of gameplay, i've have an excellent concepet for this onr, hope it turns out as planned and as good looking as it's in my head...
Yeah i'm fairly knowledgable on the subject..... although i'm not sure i'm 100% accurate.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #23
SherifAlaa55

1st entry

my first entry in this SMC ...

i tried level design
The best i could do in 90 mins ...

hope you like it ...
Done in Max ... took 87 mins and around 8 mins to render
Attached Images

SherifAlaa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #24
SherifAlaa55

Waiting for you comments
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #25
timberwo7ves
rawr.

Awards Showcase
cool entry SherifAlaa, and welcome to the SMCs it's 1am for a lot of the regulars here so may have to wait till tomorrow for comments
Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #26
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
SherifAlaa55 - nice work . but what soft did you use? . and i see some bugs in a house: 1. a streatched polygon in a top rigt corner that is wery well seen. 2. and another bug in left windows right top corner.
timberwo7ves - cool entry . remember the days we with friends spent with this one doing tournaments .
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #27
SherifAlaa55

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulius-st View Post
SherifAlaa55 - nice work . but what soft did you use? . and i see some bugs in a house: 1. a streatched polygon in a top rigt corner that is wery well seen. 2. and another bug in left windows right top corner.
timberwo7ves - cool entry . remember the days we with friends spent with this one doing tournaments .
Thanks. I honestly have no idea how that happened ...
ill be more careful next time
Old 01-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
vicban3d

Send a message via ICQ to vicban3d
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Hi! Cool entries so far, unfortunately I didn't have any time to take part in the last challenge although I did have some nice ideas...Hope I'll be able to squeeze in an entry this week.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #29
Trash

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
My favourite Player was always Vega. But i've not enough time to create the whole body. (it takes at this time 2 days for me )

The mask and the weapon will do it
Attached Images

Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #30
timberwo7ves
rawr.

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulius-st View Post
remember the days we with friends spent with this one doing tournaments .
I was of the generation which saw Tekken as the primary standard bearer of beat-em-ups; I wish we had more arcades nowadays (that weren't so expensive :P)