>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The All New Speed Modelling Challenges

Old 17-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
lonelymonk
3d Generalist

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challeng Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
I finished this ages ago but can I get fur to look right in my beauty render. Can I .......
lonelymonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Not valid

Not an entry, but wanted to show. Sadly I ran over 20 mins with this.

Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place 
Total Awards: 7
CG - this one is brilliant !! u nailed it .
agamer - welcome to the forums, and with a nice model at that. nice clean mini looking forward to seen more stuff comin from you the next few SMC's+
lonelymonk - show us what u did beauty can wait .
Old 17-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaretJaxSozap View Post
Love the dream catcher man... I have a bunch but this one is definately the best I've seen... and I've seen a lot... did you loft those inter-connecting wires? how'd you do it?
You can do this using Spline and activating both Enable in Render and Enable in Viewport cheks
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #20
lonelymonk
3d Generalist

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challeng Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Cg, this is a great entry. I feel a bit embarrassed to upload mine now!

Bgen, I'll persevere a little longer I think but if it can't get it right by tomorrow I'll just upload what I have.

Agamer that's a great entry, really nice detailed model in the time.
Old 17-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Wish it could have been a proper entry but I spent far too much time on Slimer. The Ghosttrap ended up taking 28 mins or so. I didn't time it well..... I usually plan, plan, plan and then practice from scratch each time but still didn't manage to get it done in time, but wanted to share anyway. The brush tool in Cinema is a great tool it allows to you pose a character (if you use a big enough brush size) without having to rig the character, I suck at rigging it doesn't interest me and I can't get my head around it. I started as always modelling only half, then collapsing the symmetry object and continuing from there. I'd like to another kind of money box or a gnome and hopefully acheive it i9n the correct time.
Twitter
Old 18-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
lonelymonk
3d Generalist

Awards Showcase
I hate fur!

Here is my entry, I gave up on refining the Vray fur for the beauty pass. I am going to chalk it up to "things I really need to learn more about". Pretty pleased with the Deer though. Nothing fancy modelling wise, deer head was box modelled, most of the rest started life as splines.

Try to ignore the horn UVs. Ahem.
Attached Images

Last edited by lonelymonk; 18-05-2011 at 01:52 PM..
Old 18-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
agamer

Thanks for the warm welcome

CG - Love the idea, such a shame you ran over Did you think about playing with a more translucent shader on slimer? Not sure what your real life money box is like, just though it might look cool

lonelymonk - Just seen your post, nice entry and good use of topology on the head. I like the Photo in the frame of when it was in the wild!
Fur is something i'd also really like to learn more about, I've never tried rendering it before.

Last edited by agamer; 18-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: lonelymonk post
agamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #24
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wow! Great modelling on the moose! Love the shape and th room looks real. Fur does still need work but love it anyway.
Twitter
Old 18-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamer View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome

CG - Love the idea, such a shame you ran over Did you think about playing with a more translucent shader on slimer? Not sure what your real life money box is like, just though it might look cool
I did yeah, I played with alot of dispersion settings and the like but they ramped up render times to nearly 3 times.
Twitter
Old 18-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #26
lonelymonk
3d Generalist

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGamer-3DT View Post
Wow! Great modelling on the moose! Love the shape and th room looks real. Fur does still need work but love it anyway.
Thanks, he looks like he's made of wool. I'll try to keep tinkering with the settings but I had to upload it now for my sanity.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
lonelymonk
3d Generalist

Awards Showcase
oops, just nooticed I miscounted the SMCs
Old 18-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
Rachel vd M
Rachèl van der Meer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  SMC 72  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge SMC 74 for making a camera Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: nd place in a speed modelling challenge #66 -  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge  #68  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #68  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''pirates'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 16
Well here we are again... its always such a pleasure!

I actually planned on 2 entries (the second being a Nyan Nyan cat souvenir or something) though... like often, time flew right past me... and ill not be able to make the second one.

Heres my entry!
Its a mineral called Pyrite, its iron disulfide crystalised in almost perfect cubes.
I got some at home, though not with a pretty wooden base and a brass label.
I wish i had though

The rock itself was sculpted in a very organic way actually.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rachel vd M; 18-05-2011 at 08:03 PM..
Rachel vd M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 04:27 AM   #29
thirdchild

modelled with 3dsmax. 90mins approx modelling time. wanted to do the jewels but couldnt get it quite right. anywho...
Attached Images

thirdchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #30
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Very nice entries Rachel vd M & thirdchild
Twitter