>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Matte Painting

Old 20-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #106
Pedro Jatobá
Pedro Jatobá

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Jatobá
awesome composition... with a great resolution ... congratulations m8 !
Pedro Jatobá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #107
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

Looks awesome! Really awesome~
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:22 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #108
Alisor

Nice light and shadow constrast.
Alisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #109
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 5
@ Pedro Jatoba Thank you for watching

@ Wargrafix Thank you so much

@ Alisor Great! Thanks you for your support
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #110
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
First of all, I have to say that studio is amazing... its no wonder you get so much inspiration in there. It looks so clear/almost mesmerizing. Loving that design on the wall, and what room is finished, without a piano

Really nice work you've done on this

Do I have it right, that you have used pictures to create the painting, with some editing etc? No 3D models at all?

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #111
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
there is so much detail and imagination in this pieces of work. right on.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #112
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
First of all, I have to say that studio is amazing... its no wonder you get so much inspiration in there. It looks so clear/almost mesmerizing. Loving that design on the wall, and what room is finished, without a piano

Really nice work you've done on this

Do I have it right, that you have used pictures to create the painting, with some editing etc? No 3D models at all?
With the technique of digital matte you create something from your imagination with the use of photographs. By editing all of it you can create what you want. Its something i did a few years back when i was working for mad olive studios and i wanted to try it again. Its been 2 years or so since i actually had the time to create a digital matte like this...

Most of the time a digital matte is used as a background setpiece and 90% of the time a digital matte is a helicopter view. I tried to do something else and put myself on the ground. Thanks for your comment Kage.

I have sad it alot, but also to you.. Its been too long Kage
Old 21-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #113
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Hi Everybody,

Here is the Matte breakdown sheet. It contains all the layers that i used to put this piece together. All these layers are created from alot of photograph references and shadow & light layers.

Last edited by tjerkotten; 21-04-2010 at 07:41 PM..
Old 22-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #114
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Wow. Turned out awesome . The leaves and lightning gives it a sense of movement and activity, real neat!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #115
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Finally!
Awesome piece dude, and good luck for the challenge

DD
Old 22-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #116
alexia

really beautiful~~ i like your lighting.
alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #117
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Stunning with rich detailing and atmospheric lighting
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #118
BADDOOM

keep an eye at the blend issue in the front of the picture near the stone and statue.
And may you can add some life...a snake or something different.

The Maya calender looks off...an attachment could help.

but at all...really stunning picture.
BADDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #119
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Fantastic Tjerk, love it
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #120
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Forgot to say it before.... I really like how you show every layer and such in your spreadsheets

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote