>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
barbwire

Dominance War V - 3D - God of Taint - barbwire

Hey guys, first post, first Dominance War, my idea is God of Taint

Latest

Beauty

Name:  final.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  181.6 KB

Presentation Shot

Name:  presen_final.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  187.1 KB

Construction Shot

Name:  construction_shot.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  171.5 KB

Concept

Name:  concept_sheet.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  175.8 KB

Last edited by barbwire; 23-05-2011 at 12:42 PM..
barbwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
mix_mash

Not a bad start. Looks more like a comic book villain than a god, though.

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
My mind went a very different directions when I saw the title. I agree with Mix though you need some thing to push the God in him a bit more. I don't know why I love the smile in your concept so much though. Good way to think of a god type is think of a what would make even his most powerful of followers drop to their knees. But I am digging the concept.
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Cool concept. I don't know about having green chains on one arm and green veins on the other. The two elements are too visually similar to each other, but are on two very visually different arms. It's a difficult contrast for the eyes to feel comfortable with. I'd say either drop the green chains entirely, or maybe put them on the right arm instead of using the green veins.

As for you base mesh, it's a nice start. He's a little bo-legged, and doesn't seem to have much of a pelvis right now, but other than that it's looking cool for sure.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
barbwire

Thanks for comments tried fixing the legs and pelvis on the base-mesh, not really sure how to push the god in him though. Also started sculpting
Attached Images

Old 24-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
barbwire

Haven't updated in awhile, almost finished the hi-poly, just need to mess the armor up with some dings and scratches on his leg armor.
Attached Images

Old 25-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #7
mix_mash

You really need to work on your anatomy. The muscles are off in places.

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
barbwire

Another update, worked on the anatomy a little more, so hopefully fixed, baked out normals and started texturing.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
Pockets
The Common Karl

i think the shoulder area should have more polys to make it look more rounded, with 12,5 k i think you can afford it
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
barbwire

Alright update, slowly running out of time, tried rounding the shoulders a little as suggested and continued with the texturing.

Name:  texturing_4.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  191.6 KB Name:  texturing_5.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  183.6 KB

Name:  texturing_6.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  161.0 KB
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
Pockets
The Common Karl

ah yes thats lookin better. for the texturing i really am liking the recessed areas ,like the parts between the abs and such. theres some nice details and color variations there, id like to see more of that in the other places as well! keep it up XD
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
barbwire

Thanks, worked on the textures bit more and added some more recessed areas onto the arm.

Name:  texturing_7.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  169.5 KB
Name:  texturing_8.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  155.0 KB
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
barbwire

Working on some poses, what do people think is the best?

Name:  poses.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  172.5 KB
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #14
pappete1

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
i like 2^^
pappete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
2 or 7
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote