>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 13-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #31
defaultalias
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to defaultalias
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyG
hey what software are you using for game design? I use gamemaker a bit but its only for 2d games, or are u just like plugging it into a game engine like half life.
sorry to go of topic, but Game Maker 6 is capable of 3D, in fact it's what's being used in a project i'm working on(my first WIP posted in this thread was related to this...). it's very capable in the right hands. i'll post a screenshot of the game when i'm allowed to.
Old 13-11-2006, 05:03 AM   #32
MattyG

Really? They must have changed it a lot than since I used it at a class in the summer. It was capable of "3d" but in my eyes its not really 3d, it was just 2d sprites in a 3d world but they may have changed that.
MattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #33
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #34
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
what's better: the fro

or the hat

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life

Last edited by BiG ToE-3DT; 14-11-2006 at 09:55 AM..
Old 14-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #35
defaultalias
Meh...

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
i like the hat. the geometry on that fro, as cool as it is, is really messy. what happened? ya know, i used to have a sudo fro, and i actually thought it was cool. but now, i don't think that so much...
Old 14-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #36
freesupra
matty

Send a message via MSN to freesupra
the fro is awesome but i agree it does look quite messy specially the front tuff, if the whole mop of hair sat more puffed up it could look better. the hat is definately more pimpin though and if thats the look you wanna go for then the hat it be
so as it stands atm the hat looks better. nice character start
freesupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #37
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
well with the fro, I started with a sphere, did some things to it. The end result was well over 14,000 poly's. I then used the multi res option in Max to reduce the count, that's why the flow is messy. But now that I jave the basic shape that I want, I will moel a new fro around that one, hopefully, it will turn out better.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 14-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #38
simple_minded

Some Head......

I figured I post something old, but new, or whatever........ This took about 2 ish hours, just playing around.........

!BAMF!
simple_minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #39
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 17-11-2006, 05:18 AM   #40
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Pimpin, Made Easy

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 17-11-2006, 07:10 AM   #41
freesupra
matty

awesome work Big Toe, the hat still definately represents more pimping style. Nice touches with the frills on the coat and the necklace
Maybe make the coat longer so it draps onto the ground and some big jeweled rings and he will be stylin
Old 17-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #42
defaultalias
Meh...

Awards Showcase
oh! render him in a room with psychedelic colors and stuff, he's perfect for a master of funk with that fro.
Old 18-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #43
freesupra
matty

Some Works - sorry bout the amount of images though

Thought i would actually post some pieces that ive made of lateish, perhaps get some feedback and make use of this thread

Spiderman
this is my own little version of spiderman, tall, lanky and a touch of elephantitis

diffuse map

1212 tris and a 512x512 map

second attempt at making a female model - just the base female form im going for just to get some learnings in, my progress after bout 2 hours total spread over like 4 days - 12xx tris so far

some form of props and street pieces for an environment in the works, not much yet on this front but it will get there

some low poly bird creature type thing, 689 tris

little goblin type dude, concept a friend drew up a couple years ago - 27xx tris including the weapon

For any venture bros fans out there, i gave the diplomatic dr. killinger a go - 2888 tris, still need to do his mysterious murder bag

body diffuse -mask diffuse - body normals

i know the mapping on this guy is pretty dodgy but i got ahead of myself and couldnt wait to try out some normals and texturing so i have to redo it most probably... or just rearrange somewhat

i got some more stuff but i think i will be somewhat over doing it :P
Old 18-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #44
Randize
The Passerby

Send a message via MSN to Randize
Yo freesupra, I like you work especially the bird. Something that I don't see quite often. Make more fantasy character!
Randize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #45
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Freedsupra, those are great, but on the female there is one thing that stands out to me. The front view, she has no shape, other than the breast, nothing else says female. Try giving her hips and waste from the front view, also bring the shoulders in. Broad shoulders are mainly found on men. Keep in mind the side view looks right on, so try not to change any of that.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life