>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 27-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
It's a border patrol robot for a 1950's sci-fi villain, or something like that

You can always manually edit the normal map to create a more obvious effect for those metal parts

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Total Awards: 7
Will try to tweak the normal map when all other maps are finished, maybe it won't be neccessary. Plus I will need to find a tutorial how to do it

Update, diffuse is finished, specular and bump are on the way
Attached Images

Old 27-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Finally finished. Took me 10 hours today to finish texturing, but meh. Decided to desaturate the wood a bit to give it more worn out look. I think it works quite well

What about you dhin, can you make it to the deadline? You've got 24 hours +- :-)

Anyway, started thinking of new topic, stay tuned
Old 28-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #19
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
I updated my image so that it has the texture maps on it too now

Old 28-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Oh my, I forgot yesterday to attach my picture

Last edited by Zlatovous; 28-02-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Zlatovous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #21
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Ok, the Drone challenge is over now. I will try to get in some judges/people to crit and comment. Meanwhile, new topic

New topic: #02 - Ammo

Details:

We have guns. Big guns. Big big guns. But they are worthless unless you have something to load in (of course you can smash someone face with it, but it's just not it). We have a great selection of food for them - bullets, shells, arrows, bolts, rockets, plasma cells, cannonballs,... But we sometimes also need something to carry it in something, like packs, crates or boxes. So it's up to you - you can do just few projectiles, chains of bullets for minigun or big crates of ammo. It doesn't have to be real - sci-fi, fantasy, or even bizzare things are allowed (do you remember the Jack In The Box from McGee Alice? Even more bizzare).

Tris, textures, etc:

500 tris at max
512x512 of any maps - diffuse, specular, bump, normal, AO, glow, alpha,...

Dead Line:

10th of March, midnight

Final post must have:

- final shot - textured low-poly version with all maps applied
- texture sheet
- hi-poly version (if you have any, else never mind)
- poly count, texture size, your nick, name of theme, name of your creation, software used

Let's do this!

Last edited by Zlatovous; 01-03-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Zlatovous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #22
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatovous View Post
5th of March, midnight - we have four days. This is quite easy, not very time consuming theme
Hmm, yes, but finding time to do it might be more of a problem. If we want to get more people involved then a challenge every two weeks for two weeks might be a better approach. That would also allow for those who want to make more than one entry as it's just for fun and practice and it would give more scope for creating more models and hence getting more practice in. It would also allow time for other projects too...

Old 01-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #23
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Hmm, you are probably right. But two weeks maybe too long, I think ten days will be just it
Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Sorry gents, left town for the weekend and so was away while I should have been finishing up. Though admittedly the 1k tri limit was becoming very difficult to hit.

Ammo, hmm, big bullets and creates for nail guns. I like it, I was just at a munitions museum so I'm in the right frame of mind anyway.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #25
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Looking forward for your updates, guys :-)

I didn't had much productive day today, bud I managed to do some base for the ammo box. It's classical wooden storage with removable top part. I am planning of creating some little bullet packs to place it inside, as separate object.

Anyway, now sitting at 104 tris (tried to do as low as possible, yet I didn't wanted to create only box :-) ). Will finish it tommorow now I am too tired to do anythig more
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #26
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
First ammo related model finished

Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
Fenixy
Threedy Spy Master

Send a message via ICQ to Fenixy Send a message via MSN to Fenixy
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #17 The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Sculpting Challenge # 18 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art #18, well done! 
Total Awards: 4
nice one
Fenixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
So, another entry I finished a few moments ago. Not very much to say, only it fits inside the previously created crate (mehe). My next stop is to make some rockets and also crate for it. Then moving onto the small presentation scene (some sandbags, damaged surrounding, piedestal) so I have some nice portfolio piece.

I used 3Ds Max and Photoshop to create, Marmoset toolbag for rendering

Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #29
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Great work on the crate mate. Not sure about the bullets in the box though as there would normally be some text and an indented ring around the flat end

Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #30
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase

For the bullets, they are facing with their heads up, so the side with text and ring is no bottom of the box. Sadly the normal map won't give me better results...

But you've got me thinking, I can turn the bullets upside down and have the text and ring facing up. This way it would look much better. Will redo that :-)