>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 26-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #46
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Total Awards: 7
krallis: Maybe I didn't state it clear enough. Point is making everything that can be linked to fire in any way

"Sometimes it takes more to put it down than personal fire extinguisher - firecrews with fire cars or even helicopters."

Next time I will made my mind clearer :-)

Thanks hulahuga, hope it will attract more people over the time. And if not, never mind, at least I will build myself some nice little low-poly folio :-)
Old 26-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #47
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
:P its ok.

Ill probably join the next one as this one only has like one day left.

Softimage User.

------------------------------------------------
Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Krallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #48
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Exactly .

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #49
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Whens the next one starting?
The march deadline has passed.

Softimage User.

Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Old 29-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #50
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
I will put it up this evening, I was very busywith my things.

Stay tuned
Old 29-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #51
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Topic # 04 - Please, take a seat

Details:

We all need to sit somewhere. Sure, we can sit on the ground, but even cavemen knew it's not the most comfy thing in the universe... So they started they journey towards the perfect chair which can be seen on the picture. But before this there were many types of chair - and not only them. Mankind proven themself very smart and innovative while finding something to sit on. So, your call - chair or, for say, copy machine? Surprise us!

Tris, textures, etc:

1 000 tris at max
512x512 of any maps

Dead line:

12th of April, Midnight

Final post must have:

- final shot - textured low-poly version with all maps applied
- texture sheet
- hi-poly version (if you have any, else never mind)
- poly count, texture size, your nick, name of theme, name of your creation, software used
Old 30-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #52
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Haha! Awesome pic .

Btw have you checked out 4chan?

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #53
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
This si what I have so far.
Just a simple clamshell type chair.
Currently at 912 tri's

Once the mesh Is finished im going to run poly reduction to bump it below the limit.
Attached Images

Softimage User.

Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #54
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Nice start Krallis.Is this optimized version or are you working on it? Looking forward for more

And here is my finished entry. I am happy with the outcome, especially with the normal maps, they came out perfectly.
Old 15-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #55
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
I won, whee!

Topic # 05 - Playtime!

Details:

Once, we were all young or we still are. Or we will be for all eternity. Who knows? But we still need to entertain ourself. For this case, we all have our favorite toy - it can be LEGO, trains, puppets, balls, plastic swords and guns, dolls, cars, whatever you used to play with or still playing with.

So... dildo anyone?

Tris, textures, etc:

1 500 tris at max
1024x1024 of any maps at max

Dead line:

29th of April, Midnight

Final post must have:

- texture sheet
- poly count, texture size, your nick, name of theme, name of your creation, software used
Old 19-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #56
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Software used:
3Ds Max, Photoshop, xNormal

Old 27-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #57
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
I regret I wasnt able to finish my chair but my computer has been down for about 3 weeks as it had a multitude of virus' on it .

Softimage User.

Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Old 27-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #58
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Finals week is next week, after that a whole lot of my time opens back up as my evening get a lot less complicated... I've been impressed with the topics so far, so let's keep 'em coming.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #59
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Krallis - No problem dude. If you want to finish the chair, do it and post it here. This thread is mostly for practice and fun than some hardcore competition. It doesn't matter that the deadline is off, main goal is to practice

dhin - I hear you, mine exam week starts next month and it consumes almost all my time preparing for the tests. Will be looking forward for you to participate
Old 30-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #60
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Topic # 06 - Statues

Details:

We need to remember who we are or who were we. And for those occasion we have statues - smaller or bigger, stone, wood or metal, all made for one purpose. To mean something. Their style may vary - sculptures depicting humans or animals to abstract art which noone understand but make them feel something. And that is important.

Feel free to come up with anything

Tris, textures, etc:

2 500 tris at max
1024x1024 of any maps at max

Dead line:

15th of May, Midnight

Final post must have:

- texture sheet