>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Tutorials

Old 24-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Rafael-Vallaperde

Feedback on tutorials i am creating.[UNHIDESchool]

Hello 3D total people!!

For the people who don't know me, my name is Rafael vallaperde and i'm a CGI Artist.
I'm working on a tutorial for UNHIDE School and would love to get some feedback from you.

So, it all boils down to finding the "correct dynamic and didatics to it." to find that nice balance between information and entertainment.

The tutorials i'm working on are very lenghty because they cover a big range of subjects and techniques, hence, they are not so simple to follow or designed for people who are complete beginers. They are also project based, so, not so focused on the tools, more focussed on the technique.

So, i started working in a method that is more similar to the way i aproach my overview videos, the results are good adding the entertainment factor, things get a lot easier to follow and pay attention to, however i end up ditching a lot of usual info, like where the things are on the interface and basic procedures.

You can check two videos here.The first will show the old tutorial formating and the second one will show the "overview" formating.

Didatics real time-Blocking out pt1

Overview didatics-Modeling the head and mouth

So, i'm in a bit of a turning pointo on deciding how material is going to look. I have the sense that adding visual cues can help a lot too, that something i'm toying with now as it adds a lot of time on the production of the tutorials.

Anyways, really looking forward to know what you guys think of this and listening to your critique as how to get a better product.

Have a look at www.UNHIDEschool.com and check other projects all well, there are lots of goodies and we're improving the website mechanics everyday, as well as looking forward to create new content on the CG and retouching fields.(also keen to know what you would like to see there....some people told me i should teach how i aproach my lighting in 3D)
Oh did i mention we're getting subtitles now?

All the best
Raf
Attached Images

Rafael-Vallaperde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, tutorial, unhide