>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation

Old 21-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #151
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Is after effects good for doing those light glares etc or is it a hard to do? Looking reallynice
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #152
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
cool updates. realy like the whole atmosphere of the images. it has that blizard tuch. great job man.
only crit from me would be that this batlecruser needs more details in texture or more details modeled like greeble. and ofcourse as a bad a55 battle ship with a yamato gun it is way too clean. cause now it looks like a toy.
but still a great job done. i believe that one day you will get this position at blizzard. it would be sad for them to loose such talent.
good luck and ceep working in this. comunity demands more updates
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 02:23 AM   #153
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Tank[NL]: Thanks! I don't know yet Already had that in First Contact.

Tarik2d: AE is great at lens flares! I highly recommend it.

paulius-st: Thank you very much! I'm still adding stuff to it, and I've made the shader more dirty. Maybe one day I'll be at Blizzard, who knows now.

Here's my current wallpaper, lol.
Attached Images

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Last edited by Freespace-3DT; 22-12-2010 at 02:41 AM..
Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #154
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Wow, that's pretty astounding! Seems the blur is set quite high though (even though some is nice).

Oh btw you might already be looking at it from the mapbuilder or through some other way but if you go into it (the mapbuilder) then I know you can see the exact model there... Furthermore there is a custom game called "void-something" (perhaps battle) where you play with a scaled up version of the full size model used in the cinematics..

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #155
GeoLegionnaire
Mech Fetish

Wow! Very nice engine glare and lightning!!! How do you do that???
Old 22-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #156
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Tank[NL]: Thanks! I don't know yet Already had that in First Contact.
....are you listening to yourself?
Old 23-12-2010, 02:55 AM   #157
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
hulahuga: Thanks! It doesn't look as good without the blur I'm too lazy to go into the Editor, so I've got a lot of references of it from the net. I'm not making an exact replica, just taking hints from the design.

GeoLegionnaire: Thank you, those are made with Lens Flares in After Effects.

Tank[NL]: I'm considering doing a Yamato cannon, if it fits in the action.

Old 24-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #158
bobi
Scorpion

Wow.. man...
These are awesoomeee... renders.

It really feels the "huginess" of the ship.
Once more... I am deeply impressed.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #159
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
paulius-st: Thank you very much! I'm still adding stuff to it, and I've made the shader more dirty. Maybe one day I'll be at Blizzard, who knows now.
I know it may sound stupid but maybe one day in a distant psionic future, when you'll be considering all your previous work accomplished, meditating into your nimbus like a dark archon, you'll come to the fact that with some more means you could even be better than them and that you could do your own business with your own art and concepts.
That would be how the padawan beat da master jedi. Oups, another dimensional gateway change, couldn't see it coming. I'm too far away from my nexus, arbiter required! Arbiter where are you?

Yamato Cannon-Gun!!!

Take us into orbiter Mr.Gerrard. ... We've seen enough.

Last edited by washka; 04-01-2011 at 11:09 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #160
Novak
Not From Earth

Freespace awesome renders. Looks really amazing. Didn't know you where this good.

Keep posting. Damn wish I were this good.

Just switch from 3ds max to Maya.. We don't have Pc's anymore, everthing is mac now.

|| XBox One ID || Novak3D

Last edited by Novak; 05-01-2011 at 07:13 AM..
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #161
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
bobi: Many thanks! I believe I finally got it looking huge.

washka: Such inspiring words, thank you! Really thank you.

Novak: Thanks! I hope to keep impressing you Sorry to hear about your transition, I hope it's a smooth one.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #162
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Here's the model of the Turret for the BattleCruiser. There will be about a dozen of these on it.

Update: Animation test: www.sclegacy.com/_staff/freespace/turret.avi
Attached Images

Last edited by Freespace-3DT; 11-01-2011 at 12:55 AM..
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #163
GeoLegionnaire
Mech Fetish

I can only say that, by far, it's the best turret animation I've seen. Keep up!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #164
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
GeoLegionnaire: Thank you very much

Old 13-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #165
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
First animated test with the Bcruiser, to see how it behaves. Apparently, it flickers a lot and the motion blur died.

www.sclegacy.com/_staff/freespace/bctest.avi (Right Click - Save As)