>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation

Old 18-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #31
Mr.T
lost souvlaki..

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
This is awesome! And sexy!

I follow your work since quite a long time on these boards, it's impressive to
watch the progress you did. Awesome results, congratulations!

I wish you all the best and hope to see something new really soon
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #32
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
artquest: Welcome to Threedy, man. Great job on the Carrier, I can't wait to blow it up.

hulahuga: I've learned a bit more about the shader since doing the Scourge, so I might need to update the Scourge's shader now. Hulahuga, you're talking about the Broodwar intro with the BCruiser, and I'd like to take into consideration your and everyone else's crits regarding the Battlecruiser: There is a large space battle planned ( that's what the Carrier is for as well ). I might update the Battlecruiser model with more details so it holds up in a close up, and integrate it into the fight.

Mr.T: Thank you very much! I think looking back at older works is the best way to notice progress, and to notice what needs more improving for the future.

Zergling rig almost done! Wasn't in the mood to wait for a high-res render, so a thumbnail will have to do. I've got an idea in mind, but does anyone have suggestions for doing some gross saliva for the Zergling?
Attached Images

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Last edited by Freespace-3DT; 19-05-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #33
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Greens and yellows! :P. Make it frigging thick and slow as well .

And yeah, that must be it . Also take the lightning into consideration.. night scenes with a lot of lights are way cool...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #34
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Spitz Junior, son of the Devouring One:
Attached Images

Old 19-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #35
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Holy jesus... :P

WIP
Old 19-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #36
bobi
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
I've got an idea in mind, but does anyone have suggestions for doing some gross saliva for the Zergling?
Blobmesh... or even better a plugin "Glue 3D"?

I think you could have a great result with creating little plane's (pretty low poly), and doing a cloth simulation (ofcourse with sticked 2 vertex to the teeth). then shell modifier, and turbo smooth (and even more modifiers like squash-strech).
Ofcourse, I am talking abouth max cloth(fx) modifier (not reactor).
Just make sure "use edge springs" is on, so saliva is behaving more rigid, but still, very elastic.
Old 20-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #37
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the tips, bobi! I've also found that Flex works great for this, too.
Here's a viewport screenshot ( whole sequence rendering now )
Attached Images

Old 20-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #38
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
What if you lift the middle guy's claws a bit (to fast to hold them down )

Shout the minute it is done

WIP
Old 20-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #39
bobi
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Thanks for the tips, bobi! I've also found that Flex works great for this, too.
Yeah... I forgot Flex.
It can really make good result very fast, and it's great choice since you're in time rush.

Can't wait to see that massive zerglings attack.

By the way, do you use "point cache" modifier for the zerglings?
It would be great if you are planing some massive scenes, because you can delete your rig then.
Old 20-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #40
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
hulahuga: He's using his claws (arm claws) to stab the ground while running, as for his upper claws, they're bouncing along.

bobi: I actually use point cache for dealing with lots of mutalisks. The reason I won't use it here is because I want to give each zergling a bit of uniqueness (like slightly different claw position, head position, barking, etc.)

Currently working on the scene where the marines start mowing down the incoming threat. Will post updates very soon.

Old 21-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #41
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Thought of the bouncy ones .

Hmm, if each should have his own personality I know Maya (don't know about max) has a good way to do this.
You can make different animations into assets that can be put as a modifier on the other rigs as well. This enables you to make a few base animations that you can put on the creatures whilst mixing and lowering opacity along the way =)

WIP
Old 24-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #42
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
nice one. good quality. realy like modeling, shading, . hope you'll manage to finish this in time.
good luck.
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #43
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
hulahuga: I understand what you mean, but in the case of half a dozen Zerglings it would only complicate things. For huge armies I go the route of point-cache, with further characters being without Turbosmooth and displacecemnt altogether.

paulius-st: Thank you very much! I hope I'll finish it in time too, cause otherwise nobody will care since SC2 will be out.

Here's the final frame from the preview I showed two posts earlier, and a shot of a zergling getting torn apart by uranium rounds.
Attached Images

Old 25-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #44
bobi
Scorpion

Wow... this looks awesome... can't wait to see this in motion.
Old 25-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #45
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
cool! waiting on the whole thing