>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > THE GAME CHALLENGE from IFCC! Sponsored by 3dtotal

Old 14-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Livio Rajh - CHARACTER DESIGN - King Tomislav

Hi all, I stared to draw some preliminary sketches for the sculpt on Monday. Yesterday I finished costume concepts, decided on one and started to put some color on it. Feel free to vote for the color direction for me to tweak in the later phase, all of them are lettered, THX a bunch!

1st color variations

So, final will be a 3D model, this time I wanted to start from a sketch to make sculpting more standard-pipeline orientated. I wish to "toon" it a bit more, so I will haggle with this decision during the sculpt phase. Don't know when will I post that though, time for a day job... at least now I know what I'm doing, sort off

Detail

Last edited by Livachu; 14-01-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Livachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Great stuff! I really like colour palette C

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatLynette-3dt! Thank you:
Livachu (14-01-2015)
Old 14-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
zets

Killer. Whose brush set is this? Actually, what did you use for line work?
zets is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatzets! Thank you:
Livachu (14-01-2015)
Old 14-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #4
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Thanks! I bought Shiyoon's Kim Brush set, pretty much what they use in Disney (concepts). You can find it here: https://gumroad.com/l/shiyoonink
Old 14-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
zets

Thanks. You're using regular tablet or something Cintquish?
Old 14-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
Regular, to be specific Intuos 5, Large
Old 14-01-2015, 12:32 PM   #7
zets

Huh... nice, long and precise strokes.
Greatzets! Thank you:
Livachu (14-01-2015)
Old 14-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
B or D
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKaiune3D! Thank you:
Livachu (14-01-2015)
Old 21-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
UPDATE/WIP: blocking the body, still ruff, lacking mouth cavity etc... next stage: proxies and clothing!

Old 23-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #10
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
Update: reworked proportions a bit

and blocked the proxies

Decided to go for a game ready character and a PBR RT render to match the title of the challenge (The Game), using hair sprites etc. Maybe I'll change my opinion later on, but I doubt it. Probably will split everything into 4/5 sections to better cover the shaders...
Old 23-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #11
pxelslayer

I`m really liking this! Have you already condidered what your poly budget will be?
As for CC, maybe you could resculpt his hoodie to make it look more like in your concept? It looks like wrinkled textile ATM, and the original shape works a bit better IMO, it`s more "elegant" looking. His cape could use some sculpting love as well. Everything else is top notch <3
pxelslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpxelslayer! Thank you:
Livachu (23-01-2015)
Old 23-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #12
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
Hi pxelslayer, thanks a bunch! Awesome C&C, much appreciated! Right now I’m in the stage of refining all the “blobs” I introduced with proxies, much will change still. I agree with your look at the hoody, I kind of like the folds in the back, but will compress it to better fit the head, still I need to refine the hair first. I introduced a ribbon on the edge of the hoody and will change quite a few details. The problem I had with the sketch that after few days it started looking “peasently” or something, so I’m always painting over my 3D. I plan to make sweet sexy sculpting love with the cape as well, but that will depend on the posing.

Not limited with poly-count, but I will try to keep it low, as I plan to render out the final in MT. And by the way, I LOVE your Witch concepts, some enjoyable wips you’re posting man! Keeping my eyes open for new ones!
Old 26-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
WIP/UPDATE: Outfit done for retopology, will add fine detail after I decide on what sets to group together and so on. Probably will work on weapons before retopo. Spear still missing, pedestal as well - will add that before the posing. Oh, and I plan to add chainmail sleeves later on…

Turntable

Turntable

Detail
Old 26-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #14
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
This is awesome!!!!

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatLynette-3dt! Thank you:
Livachu (26-01-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #15
Livachu
Livachu Poke

Awards Showcase
UPDATE
Been sick so I lost about a week of time working on this personal project Will have to finish it way before the deadline as well, catching a flight. Posting retopo for now > Cloth - ZRemesher later edited, all else: TopoGun; and basic material sets.