>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 27-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Dude,sorry,no crits here Can't wait how this turns out,i'm very curious how the horse is gonna look .Anyway,this is one of the strong entries so far,i wish you good luck with this.

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #17
akimba

Send a message via AIM to akimba
Lookin good and I'm diggin those sketches.

I thought he was a bit more unique with 4 arms and mounted on his top with the chains, but he's still got plenty of personality and your model is shaping up quite nicely.. I was wondering if you were keeping the decorative flats that he had in between his horns in the concepts. Those really added an aura of nobility, holiness, and overall importance.

Can't wait to see the horse too. Keep it up! GO GO GO!
akimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Somehow I think 2 arms are more suited for this character.If you want to make him in a riding position on the horse,similar to the quick action pose you did in that concept(very cool,btw) I'm thinking he would look pretty awkard with 4 arms,and 2 extra arms would mean less polys available for the rest of the character.And having a horse to model too,you may want to save some polys.Just an oppinion,it's your call

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #19
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
Thanks a lot for the input guys, pretty helpful!

surgeincy: Thanks I really wanted to make them kind of unique.
Liquor: yep currently working on the horse.
Opul: Yeah the biggest trouble is a lot of entries end up looking the same, I want to stay as far from that as I can.
Rych: Ill do my best!
Tank[NL]: Thanks im really glad its getting good feedback.

akimba: Yeah I changed a few things about him specifically because I either needed more polys for something else or I felt it was going to cause a technical issue. I removed a pair of the arms and the second set of wings because I knew id need those polys for the horse, but also because after I really thought things out I wouldnt have anyplace to attach them without changing a bunch of the design. Ill definitely be keeping all the decorations, Its just that they will be a simple alpha so theres no need for me to model it. Thanks for your input!

neolith: Yeah I thought about that too, he would probably look a little too busy with 4 arms while on the horse, and I absolutely thought of the poly savings by getting rid of them.
Lukavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
Askguden
Professional Slacker

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Looking spiffy

www.torfrick.com ^^
Askguden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #21
madm4tt
Designer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Cool concept and nice start keep to post...

Bye
Old 28-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #22
Chung Wong

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
That's some mightly fine modelling there. Looking sweet.
Chung Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #23
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Wow! Im blown away. I love the armour on the horse's head. I don't see much to crit. Youre well on your way to kicking ass. Man, I need to get my concept going .....
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #24
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Wow! You're totally ahead of everyone! I need to get modeling soon or I'll be left behind!! Really cool design and your geo is beautifully done. Very clean work indeed!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #25
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
B- in my book....would be an A+ but i haven't seen the textures yet.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #26
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Hey guys thanks for checking out my thread and telling me what you think. Heres my latest update on my horse, went way overboard considering barely any of the horse is actually seen in my concept lol. Wasnt even going to do the head considering you dont see it at all, oh well. I really wanted to make it a more muscular than average steed worthy of this particular hero. Comments and crits welcome as always.

Old 29-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #27
Star_Scream
The Nerd

Awards Showcase
Wow, this is a nice horse dude
Star_Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #28
frostsnake

omg! this will bee soo good!
realy like you concept and modeling.. good luck

some of the "shoulder" muscles look alittle streched over.. almost like clothing..
maybe more blended with the rest. anyway thats my first impression.

Last edited by frostsnake; 29-02-2008 at 12:48 PM..
frostsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
the man and the horse are so awesome. keep up the great work, I can't wait to see this one done
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #30
Lukavi

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the comments guys. Frostsnake I think youre right about that muscle over the leg and Im going to fix it. Some simple smoothing should blend it in better and make it stand out a little less.