>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Modelling - "Legendary Weapon"

Old 03-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
SMC M#01 - Hammering3D - Legendary Weapon - Mystic Bow

So here I will start. Maybe when I get home from work in couple of hours

Here is one reference...

THIS IS NOT MY CONCEPT THIS IMAGE IS FOUND ON GOOGLE! JUST TO BE CLEAR if this problem come up later on.

Attached Images

Last edited by hammering3D; 27-11-2009 at 06:42 PM..
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Very cool reference, i've edited the post, please upload all images via threedy in future, cheers

CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
ohh I am sorry CG, I trough only the model images shod be attached didn't think that the reference shod to, sry
Old 06-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
gfxengine
GFXengine

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
nice looking concept !!
gfxengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Finally I had time for this

I wood hate myself if I did;t bring at least one entry in this comp, but now hope for at least 2

so here it is what I got so far, I have 35min left for modeling the tip and some tweaks.
Attached Images

Last edited by hammering3D; 27-11-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 27-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
;p
Attached Images

Old 27-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Attached Images

Old 27-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. 
Total Awards: 8
ohoho, very nice buddy , can't wait to see a final render , you know... Chuck Norris may look for you if you don't finish
Old 27-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
it wood be nice if Chuck Norris come on those forums and see how U treat sweet dragons
Old 27-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. 
Total Awards: 8
i'm sure he would roundhouse kick your EPA dudes ), and the fat dragon's ass, mihihihihih
Old 27-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
I slap him so super hard
Old 27-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Almost finish I have just 5 min left for finals tweeks

Very slow on this one but I did't rush it
Attached Images

Old 27-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #13
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Attached Images

Old 27-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Ok ... I added some details in the middle of the bow and that is it, I keep my 3.5 minutes left if I want to add something later when I texture it and spot something that need to be change.
Attached Images

Old 28-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #15
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Render render ...

I used the minutes remained to tweak the rope a little and to twist a little the feathers and make them tin.
so all time is used, now is time for render and materials.
Attached Images

Last edited by hammering3D; 28-11-2009 at 01:22 AM..