>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Game Art

Old 13-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
buzz001 - steampunk - Turk_182

This is my concept for this comp and I wrote a story for the character to help me visualize the design. The steam devices are going to be part of him but the "Uni-Cycle" was a last minute idea. It most likely will tax the tri-limit.

** Story **
As the world prepared for a new century, a new dawn. Governments feuded over old accords, lands where kept, humanitarian efforts abandon, greed consumed our humanity. One fight led to a dozen wars. I can't remembered it all but my grandfather spoke of beautiful cities, skies filled with lights, machines that moved us all around. As we waited the drop of the old century, first the bombs darken the skies before the first kiss was ever recorded of the 21st Century. I was four then not much to tell here, but one thing is certain thirty years have passed now I'm a man. A man killing and searching for our pass to survive another day here in the pit.
** Story **

Name:  Turk-182.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  142.0 KB Name:  TURK-steam_devices.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  48.0 KB
Old 13-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Nice design, good start
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thank you. Planning for a finished mesh and prepping the different parts of his body by this weekend. I'm very happy with this design, I should've uploaded the progression in full but so many are so far ahead that I feel that I need to catch up.
Old 13-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Appr_oved
Yojimbo level Art

dont worry man, we have good amount of time take your time, and use it wisely
Appr_oved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Thank you for the support guys.
Old 13-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Insania

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
You have good character idea. Rifle have a nice look.
Insania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
I wouldnt worry Buzz, you have a nice character design like u say, just get some stuff posted up and see if we can help good luck
Old 18-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Scout Pressure Rifle Model Finished

So, the rifle is finished as a baseMesh. Worked on the character and I wasn't very happy with the way the body was coming out . I should have the model done by mid week.

Name:  Turk-182_ScoutPressrureRifle.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  40.1 KB
Old 18-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
Insania

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Good start, base mesh have a clear look. Good luck with your model,don't give up
Insania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Thanks Insania for the c&c. I have not been able to check my emails for a few days, work has been killing me; I guess is a good thing. Since, I don't have
Maya and Z in the office. I'm mapping the vertices on a flat image and then using that as an imageplane. Is the only way I think I can gain ground on the character. Hoping to post a final BMesh by Thursday
Old 19-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #11
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Looking forward to seeing it
Old 19-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Tarik2d, I'll give it my best.....Oh congrats on making the final five for the last comp.
Old 20-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #13
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Thanks
Old 20-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #14
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
weapon seems to be taking shape, I like it.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #15
buzz001

Awards Showcase
So, I'm done with the base mesh, I'll set-up the UVs by tomorrow and tuesday. I changed a few things from my original it felt to advance considering that everything has been destroyed. So I made the mech arm very simple. Added a mask, air should be almost unbreathable . C&C are welcome

Tri count : 8994

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  Turk-182_LowP_side.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  86.4 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images