>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Game Art

Old 25-01-2010, 07:16 AM   #76
Appr_oved
Yojimbo level Art

wow i really like the silhouette of your character! nice job and MOVEEEE!
Appr_oved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #77
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Nice sculpting! I am excited about the textures you will going to give her!

In my opinion the proportions was better i think on the concept art somehow. Maybe her arms a bit short (as i said earlier) compared to the drawing.

But of course good work, good luck on the finish!
Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #78
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Appr_oved - I AM MOVING! mister

Cordero - Thank you so much! I'm excited too. before I started retopo, I made her upper arms longer, so it looks a bit more like the concept. And thanks!
TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #79
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Is looking good, one thing but it could just be the angle. The shoes are almost touching each other at the toes.
Old 25-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #80
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
buzz001 - Mhm, I made her slightly pigeon-toed I always thought that was a cute trait. She stands with her feet in like that in the concept as well. And thank you!
Old 26-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #81
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know I'm still retopoing, but with the time left, I'm not sure if I'll finish in time. It's my first timed challenge and between other things I have to do and this, it's hard to not rush and make it look good.

If you have any suggestions of what make my work flow even faster, let me know. I'm sure it would come in handy for the time remaining or challenges in the future. Hope to update again soon.
Old 26-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #82
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
But your so close and its really good, i reckon you can do it
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #83
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
You TerraBite and Tarik2d should both finish this comp... You do have a great entries!! Skip school or something.. this must be done!
Old 27-01-2010, 02:27 AM   #84
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
to increase workflow...practice, practice, practice. Seriously though, the more you do this the more it becomes second nature and you'll increase your speed 10 fold.

I hope you do finish, but if not, there is always next month.
Old 28-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #85
bibhuti

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge 
ur work is amazing. u have to complete this model .

I think u got my mail also.The best way i found for retopo.

Use polyboost plugin for retopo and Xnormal for normals ,

1. first export all mesh with sub 3 or 4.
2. then import mesh in max.
3. and retopolize it using polyboost plugin in max.(low poly)
see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmIv0...eature=related

4. Then unwrap low version.
5. and after then use X-normal for normals(this software is free).
X-normal is best software for normals. Only u have to import high poly and low poly in X-normal and after render u got best output of normals.

See by yourself go to X-normal site.

6. and u got good result.
bibhuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #86
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Thank you sooo much for the emails, advice, and support guys! I am still chugging along in completing her, I'd really love to finish for this competition. But if by chance I don't, I'm glad I did it for practice at least and I'll be a lot more prepared for the next challenge. My next update will either be of the finished piece or a sad note (hopefully the first!) I just wanted to say thank you again guys for making me feel welcome and pumped in this challenge. It's been a great pleasure!
Old 30-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #87
Cordero

Awards Showcase
getting worried... but you still have two days to finish
it would be such a waste..
Old 30-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #88
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
good job!
> so practice and practice... and see you to the next challenge!