>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 24-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #31
nellemento

Another great theme from u guys,i will try to make something!
nellemento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #32
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korda View Post
Hey,
Im thinking that it would be kinda cool to continue the story monte started to get our imaginations going to accompany our sculpts or concepts.
You dont have to if you think its a crappy idea but it could be interesting to see just how disturbing you people are

so here is mine

'As I emerged into a twilight landscape, the night mists were already abroad, rising swiftly as they were from the fringes of the cemetery and slipping across its graves like cobwebs. In the West, a murder of crows made wing towards the failing sun, until, within that wooded horizon their black forms were lost amidst an ancient battalion of pines that stood vast and unmoving, the shadows beneath their boughs ancient and impenetrable. I stepped out of the small archway and on to cobbles. Ahead of me, a countless array of statues marked an arrow-straight path to a vast but distant portal, beyond which the flames of a nightmare realm beckoned; my first glimpse of the place I had travelled so far to find.
Yet, there was no one to guard it. There were only these statues, a rank of curious visions frozen in stone. What were they, I asked myself, the fallen victims to a quest such as mine? The sleeping guardians of this realm? Or were they merely visions of the nightmares that awaited me: a silent warning that I should turn back now?
Within five paces I had reached the first. I looked up...'

A young girl holds a flower in both hands presenting it forward as if it were a gift. The flower is withered and broken, her hands are bleeding from where the thorns have dug into her flesh. She seems unaware of the pain for she is smiling, innocent and carefree. Yet there is something subtle about her that haunts me more than the violent and gruesome images I expected to see, a look of immense dread in her dead eyes. I tear my gaze from hers unable to rid myself of the all consuming feeling of despair that her silent scream wove upon me. I steel myself for the torment that await and walk on, unaware of the horror that shadows her.
Cool. I think adding your own "what happened next" to accompany your sculpt could be a nice touch. Good to see that the intro is evocative.
Old 24-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #33
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 4
It's funny... Look what I have made fev weeks ago for a Tv adwertisment

It's great that there is no time limitations!
Attached Images

bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #34
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
I missed the last one, i won'tmiss this one.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #35
Emeth003

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Modeling from box is fanny. It is very fast way of sketching.
Two weeks ago I worked with box and I did this:
It took me about 4 hours.
Attached Images

Last edited by Emeth003; 24-06-2008 at 12:26 PM..
Emeth003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #36
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 11
holy **** emeth, that rocks!, well done.. great work
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #37
Intervain

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Goblin mechanic made it to the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
too Lucian Freud'esque in it's aesthetic for me but still a great job technically emeth!
Old 24-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #38
kazmamurat

wow, emeth, cool work!!
kazmamurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #39
M3N7H0L5
eatin' ain't cheatin'

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
superb emeth!
I guess she fell asleep after watching tele..LOL
Old 24-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #40
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Brilliant work Emeth!

Can I just point out, though, Emeth is merely displaying a piece that worked from a similar principle to this competition. He is not displaying an entry in it.

By the way, I just added the year that the original intro piece was supposed to be set in. Figured it may help. The idea behind this piece was that the statues would be somewhat classical in nature...
Old 24-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #41
M3N7H0L5
eatin' ain't cheatin'

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Now that clarified things a bit more..thanx MonteCristo.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #42
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 11
Perfect monte Think mine will fit in well then
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #43
cojoMan

Send a message via Yahoo to cojoMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo-3DT View Post
So few limitations except no imitations.
what exactly does that imply ?
can't I get references of real life cemetary statues ? or can I get inspiration from an already existing concept art ?
Old 24-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #44
guhhh

Send a message via MSN to guhhh
amazing challenge, will participate for shure.... this will be much more hard but much more creative!
Old 24-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #45
goronking

what's the crack with posting WIPs for this one? minimal? as many as? there's been a few early ones, so i'll throw my early one in there as well, as i'm not sure how long i'll be able to drop on it.
Never sculpted like this before, and am doing it kinda different to how Alex did, in that i've kinda just carved out of the front half of the box. my concept is to have the rest be like rock, so he's kinda immersed in the rock. Wanna try and get it like he's got a very thin tight layer of skin/something over him, hence the lines, stil working on that (obviously its all a bit early WIP)

I'm loving the challenge of this though, brilliant.
Attached Images