>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Game Art

Old 12-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
MarceloFerreira

Very good man
but beware

"". It’s been 30 years since the last bomb dropped.""

the young person is strange.

good luck for you !!!
MarceloFerreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #32
gauravcg
Tessellated....

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
Superb stuff......
and nice modeling!

Low Poly Props (Updated)

gauravcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #33
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
MarceloFerreira : people breed

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #34
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
soo, here's the art-deco radio themed backpack. I'm quite keen on this look so I'll probably keep it

made her face bigger too - it looks better
Attached Images

Old 13-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #35
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Dang, that there is some pretty hot poop, Poo.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #36
Appr_oved
Yojimbo level Art

hey this is shaping up well. keep going
Appr_oved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #37
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Liking the backpack. The huge pipes are a nice touch
TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #38
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
Looks awesome. Radio-back-pack is hot ****.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #39
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
I'd almost suggest making the breast and belly straps connect straight into the pack, but it looks so good as it is I'm not sure that would add anything to it over all.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #40
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Looking good dude, really digging the little engine type of deal on the back, keep it up.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #41
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
and here's some more hot poop for your delectation

dhin - I considered it but dropped the idea for basically that reason.

aaaanddd,
whats the deal with marmoset? I had a quick prod at it a few months back but never tried to get anything specific into it then forgot about it.
Given that I have a fair bit of experience with game engines and the like do we reckon I can learn the necessaries for succesful export and shaders in no more than a couple of hours?
Attached Images

Last edited by poopipe; 13-01-2010 at 11:47 PM..
Old 14-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #42
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
you can learn marmoset in an hour or so. pretty simple all around really. But it won't cast shadows on the negative normal of a polygon and the shadows are pretty much butt if you have it in conjunction with another object. Really kinda flaky. Alphas are a bit wonky as well.
Old 15-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #43
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
hey man looking good you should work more on her boobies tho' I'd imagine they would be pushed in some instead of how they are like now..

if that didnt make much sense to you let me know and ill make a quick paintover
Old 15-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #44
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Good body structure. Keep going
Old 15-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #45
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
bbox : that made perfect sense and it's in the pipeline.

Theres still another pass or two to go in zbrush for the organics but I want to get the hard surface / max modelling out of the way before I put any sculpting time in.

I've got a firearm in progress at the moment but it's friday night and I can't be bothered to post a picture so you'll have to wait

I'm a bit nervous of the bake on this one - i was going to try xnormal in anger for the first time but I'm not sure I want to waste time learning it properly when i should be modelling.