>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges

Old 31-12-2007, 01:54 AM   #16
stephendm
That's me!

Artist: Stephen Dillon-Malone
Title: Day to Night
Details: PS CS3, Wacom Intuos3 9X12 - about 20 hrs, mostly hand painted.

WIP - (only one image posted so not really a wip but just if anyone wants to compare the one there with my final image..)

I posted this up quite large so detail could be seen and since the building is smaller than in the original photo (I can post a bigger version to make the building same as original size if required )
but for those of you who want to see the full image without having to scroll, I find the quickest and easiest way is to zoom out with the browser zoom (if you have the option).
ctrl & +/- in Internet Explorer 7, ctrl & mouse roller in Firefox.

All the best,

Stephen.
Old 31-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Ok guys, thank you for your great entries, I'll close this thread now and looking forward to see you in 2008!
If someone planned to post later today (tho everybody should party now), PM me today and I'll consider your entry too.

Please allow us a week to judge the entries.
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #18
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Wow, this a was a great challenge full of many good entries....it was really hard to pick just 3, really so congrats to everyone!

Here are the results:

#1, winner of December 2007 Challenge is everlite , congratulations!

#2 second place goes to : Yona

#3 third place...now this was a tricky one...about 5 people were qualified for this place; In the end, we chose two guys, yup, guitarsimo80 and samsonsreaper, but that doesn't mean the rest are bad!

Hence, honorable mentions go to:
-Nocturn8, very nice concept
-Bianca excelent mood!
-Tristocean again a nice mood
-RQuack for trying to do it just with painting, I really appreciated the effort And you should continue this way

Right, congrats everyone and see you at the next challenge

Winners (1-3), please contact Chris chrisp@3dtotal.com to claim your prizes.
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #19
RQuack

Congrats to everyone!
RQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #20
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
Talking

wow. thanks for the honorable mention. first Matte for me. thank you very much. Congratulations everyone

Last edited by Nocturn8; 05-01-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
Yona
Registered User ++

Second place?
Wow, thanks!

Congratulations everyone, really cool paintings!
Awesome painting everlite - definitely first place
Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #22
Ventana

Congratulations to all the winners and runner-ups.
Ventana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #23
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Amazing works everyone! Congrats to all the winners! All mattes have been amazing! I do hope to see the same people posting on the next matte challenge!

Once again Congrats to everyone!

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #24
bianca

Send a message via MSN to bianca
congrats to winners, great works everyone! hope the next will be even better!
bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #25
Stargazy
Still learning ...

Congratulations to the winners. Great work!!!

Maybe I will try this challege next time as well.
Old 30-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #26
sam456
Banned.

Hi
You are not clear with your thoughts, will you give more information. So I can help you out in this matter.
sam456 is offline   Reply With Quote