>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 20-07-2005, 02:37 AM   #1
goat

VS Challenge Rules

This is a new VS challenge we will be having every 2 weeks or so. It isnt for any prizes just for some practice and to learn from your peers. It can be up to 4 but no less the 2 people. I will give a subject then you and the other challengers will have 2 weeks to finish modeling the subject. All texturing, unwrapping, animating, etc are all optional if time allows it. This is just a modeling exercise to help show your technique and workflow to others as well as learning how someone else approaches the same subject. Also this is a good way to help you keep deadlines on short notice, very important in the real world.

There will be an inorganic, Lowpoly, and organic challenge every 2 weeks or so. If you would like to join please PM me with VS challenge organic (or inorganic,Lowpoly) in the subject with what type you would like to join. It will be first come first serve.

This is NOT a who is a better modeler challenge. This is a healthy challenge to improve your self and others in the contest. So please no that model is better than this model just keep it clean and constructive with critiques.

I will provide the initial reference. But please feel free to find as much as you can on your own.

Any questions, comments, or suggestion please post in this thread or Pm me.
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showt...7355#post357355
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Rakeshani

I'm interested. Can you please send the references for the same.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat-3DT
This is a new VS challenge we will be having every 2 weeks or so. It isnt for any prizes just for some practice and to learn from your peers. It can be up to 4 but no less the 2 people. I will give a subject then you and the other challengers will have 2 weeks to finish modeling the subject. All texturing, unwrapping, animating, etc are all optional if time allows it. This is just a modeling exercise to help show your technique and workflow to others as well as learning how someone else approaches the same subject. Also this is a good way to help you keep deadlines on short notice, very important in the real world.

There will be an inorganic, Lowpoly, and organic challenge every 2 weeks or so. If you would like to join please PM me with VS challenge organic (or inorganic,Lowpoly) in the subject with what type you would like to join. It will be first come first serve.

This is NOT a who is a better modeler challenge. This is a healthy challenge to improve your self and others in the contest. So please no that model is better than this model just keep it clean and constructive with critiques.

I will provide the initial reference. But please feel free to find as much as you can on your own.

Any questions, comments, or suggestion please post in this thread or Pm me.
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showt...7355#post357355
Rakeshani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
Rakeshani

I,m interested.....
Rakeshani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Meganutter
Frickin' Awesome

the link gives me a 404 not found from the apache server
Old 20-12-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
novoAlias
Found snow.

Send a message via MSN to novoAlias
Interesting... Why is this stickied when the original post is over 2 years old?
,,`,,`,,

http://forums.3dtotal.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=726&dateline=11981294  96
novoAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #6
Shadow Wolf
Mayaholic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
4 now
Old 26-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
richard85moon

Wow!! I'm interested with it.. It's really a nice challenge to everybody.. Look guys there is a price for it.. So, good luck to everybody..
richard85moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
well i'm up for a chellenge..

althought technically i have a challenge for those who are interested..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
wygant78

the link gives me a 404 not found from the apache server

Last edited by tristanr; 10-08-2011 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: spam, adverts
wygant78 is offline   Reply With Quote