>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Stylized Challenge

Old 09-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Pavolsvk- Stylized chalenge 6- Mr.Thor Odinson Bean

So here is my little contribution to chalenge.
I have decided to combine Mr. bean with Thor. I mean if Mr Bean was thor, could he pick up hammer? ( i know , small hammer, but also). I like the idea of little tiny Thor
Here is what i have so far.

There is just a rough body shape blocked out also, but im not sure about gear..Thors shoes, cloak, some torso stuff+tie? If you have some ideas let me know pls
pavolsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Great work on the hammer so far Good to see you participating in the challenge.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatClassicGamer-3DT! Thank you:
pavolsvk (10-08-2012)
Old 13-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
I havent done much work, but wanna keep updates coming as often as i can so here is what i did yesterday..
worked on a head a little..

and geometry for torso..need to improve quite a bitt..ill try to handle it tomorrow

btw..should i model all details and pose character afterwards or do the final details on the posed character? i cant decide and ill appretiate any advice about character modeling workflow thanks..
C&C are welcome!!
Old 15-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Again a small update..

Been adding some geometry to the torso armory

And a little of texturing (what i really need to practice cause i suck at it ) Im not fully satisfied with the hair, so if ill have some extra time ill fix it..also i used bitmap for the eye texture, would like to paint my own but i dont have much time, and i hope ill be able to complete this project in time (finger crossed!!)

C&C are welcome!!!
P.S. what should I use for posing the char?..Mudbox, or rig it? Thanks
Old 17-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
One of the things i find very hard, hand modelling There is quitea lot poles which is not good i think, also the topology should be different, flowing back from palm to fingers, thus there is not so much vertexes coming to wrist (but i heard this type should work for animation also, and is much easier to model ) I think ill play here and there with vertexes more to get better result.

And textured version, it was very fast texture, so need a lot of tweaking so that fit better with the head, also the fur is on its own geometry, i was just trying how that will look, and i like it And the fingernails arent bad idea though.

C&C are welcome. Please write your opinion, need to find out if im on right direction. Thanks.
Old 17-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Hand is looking good, maybe a tad skinny at the wrist....also is he really that hairy? lol

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Thanks...No he is really not But its stylized, but i think ill make it less hairy (cause now that looks kinda wolverine-ish)
Old 19-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Again, small update.

Worked on the hammer shader roughly. Surely needs a lot to improve.

Then i did boots ( need a litttle tweaking still) What do you think about general proportions? Hope its stylized enough.

And test..putting all body parts together to see if my pc can handle it, and so far so good...Need to go throught texturing, rigging and skinning - seems like a lot of work

Again a closing question Should i put all cloth/armory part as one mesh and then do skinning, or do them separately? Any tips with skinning generally? (i have no clue if ill be able to get it right)
C&C are welcome!!
Old 29-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Longer without update here...had work with skinning (quite hard eh ) Eventually i created low poly mesh to skin, and after that i used skin wrap modifier to project the skin data to high poly mesh. Although it needed a lot of tweaking aftewards, it speeded proccess quite a bit ( luckily i watched tutorial the day before i started with skinning ) I was playing with the shaders some time (i dont like them very much, need to make more practice on them)
Here is the final probably, i dont have much time for fixing cause todays deadline. PC crashed during rendering several times but i managed to render it as one scene!! (finally)
Hope its not a disaster

C&C are welcome!!
Old 30-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
The likeness is certainly there & I love the expression & pose, well done for getting it done
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatClassicGamer-3DT! Thank you:
pavolsvk (30-08-2012)

Tags
thor mr.bean