>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Stylized Challenge

Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
February & March 2013 Stylized Challenge #09 - Cartoon Vehicles

(Please excuse my poor clipart brief artwork, but couldn't find anything better).

Brief: In this new challenge we are asking you to create your very own cartoon vehicles. So in this challenge I will give you 3 options to choose from or you can choose to merge all 3 options.

Option 01) Create a cartoon vehicle, any motorcycle, airplane, car, truck, train, bus, boat or even tank in a cartoon style.

Option 02) The same as option 1 but ala Pixar style with a face/human/character like properties.

Option 03) Re-create an iconic vehicle from a film or TV series in a cartoony style, think Jet Fighter planes from Top Gun, any of The Batmobiles, The Morotbike & Sidecar from The Great Escape, "Eleanor" from Gone In 60 Seconds, Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters, Lady Penelope's FAB1 from Thunderbirds, Wacky Races, Fred Flintstones or Homer Simpsons Car\1

The possibilities for this challenge are endless and best of all you have a whole 2 months in which to enter so none of you have an excuse not to join in on this epic & fun challenge!

There's so much to choose from in this challenge and the rest of the month in which to create there shouldn't be any excuse not to join in!

Due Date: Friday 29th March 10:00pm GMT
Deadline Timer

Restrictions:

As far as restrictions for your entry you can go just about anywhere with this, but let's try to keep it family friendlyish.... try to steer away from nudity, sexual content.....

Your entry must be specifically created for this challenge. Do not use any pieces from previous works.

There are no lighting restrictions.

You must create a W.I.P Thread to show off your work in progress.

If you post in the final entry thread, you must also vote when the time comes. If you do not, your entry will be disqualified.

Final Pictures:

Required In The Final Post (1 post per entry):

- 1 x 3D Final Image. If you want to have a background or include some graphical elements or text on your image, it's entirely up to you. Image posts should be around 1280x1024 pixels

- Concept Sheet (if you have one)

- Link to your W.I.P. thread

Prize(s):
1st Place - First place gets you £30 worth of 3DTotal downloadable content & a gold award badge.

Good luck everyone!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
illuzt

Love the subject..i’m definitely in.
illuzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatilluzt! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
ServantOfTheNoise

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Award Description: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 1
Awesome subject will join. Is it still allowed to finish the last challenge CG? Going for a cartoon version of the death star(is more a spacestation->allowed?)
ServantOfTheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatServantOfTheNoise! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Yeah the last challenge will end this Friday the 8th, and a death star is ok i suppose, better make it a goodun'
Twitter
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
Happy Happy - added to my CG calendar up on the wall - looks like an interesting one, I know a few lads, other than me, that definitely should enter !
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Jussslic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Oh man, I really should get in on this one, I don't have a single vehicle in my portfolio. Haha, I just saw Wreck-It Ralph today.... I'm SO tempted to do a Sugar Rush Racer.

Last edited by Jussslic; 05-02-2013 at 10:00 AM..
Jussslic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
karyaali
we gonnaa die young :)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place In SMC #92 
Total Awards: 2
good one theme...don"t know in or out
karyaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
ServantOfTheNoise

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Award Description: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Hey CG, I was thinking about a death star helmet with cartoon character in it. Is this thinking too far out of the 3d cube? p.s don't mind the crappy sphere is a 2 second thing to explain concept
Attached Images

Last edited by ServantOfTheNoise; 05-02-2013 at 12:45 PM..
ServantOfTheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
If you added him into a racing car then i'll allow it yeah

Mainly vehicles needed here though
Twitter
Old 06-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Option 3 really calls for those epic vehicles that most of us hold in deep memory - I remember John made one... ages ago... Hope he remembers cause I have it in mind of recreating
Old 21-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
axylfyre

How about the vehicles from Metal Slug series?
axylfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Of course
Twitter
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Total Awards: 2
Hello
It has been ages since I have done anything outside the work, so I dropped by and found this challenge. I am glad it runs for 2 months, or I would have missed it. Please tell me, does the option 1 includes comic book style?

Because I have my eye on one particular vehicle in one particular style - namely KŠja Saudek style, Czech artist who did "west - styled" comic books here during communism (it goes without saying it didnt earn him pat on the back). Since it has been the only "cool" comics back then, I kind of grew up on it

I attached 3 pictures by K. Saudek, so you get some idea of what I have in mind

JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
rocneasta-3DT

Awards Showcase
@ Japo - i believe it's perfectly fine to enter with it. I just hope we will have enough of final entries. Swat kats vs Thunderkats had great potential but failed on the final entries
Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
Spataar

Herbie, the Love bug! Always loved those movies , so that'll be my contribution
Spataar is offline   Reply With Quote