>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 25-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #16
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
sweet!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatClassicGamer-3DT! Thank you:
peri (26-04-2014)
Old 29-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #17
cheesewhiffer

I'm new to the forum and I thought I might get involved in one of the challenges. The real challenge is that I'm new at 3d modeling, so with every new task I undertake on the Fender guitar I have to go find a tutorial to learn how to do it. I'm really stuck with the knobs right now, not making them but the engraving part. Anyway I've added a couple wip photos. When is the deadline on this project? By the way I'd like to say that Peri's 3d modeling talents are amazzzzing. Good luck guys.
Attached Images

cheesewhiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatcheesewhiffer! Thank you:
peri (29-04-2014)
Old 29-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #18
peri
Delusions of Adequacy

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #31 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place in PMC #33 Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place In PMC #29 
Total Awards: 3
Wow - that looks fantastic ! Both the modelling and the texturing are great.

What package / programs are you using? I'm sure that between us we could come up with a few pointers to help out

The challenge details are in the very first post - Deadline: Friday 10.00pm GMT 2nd May 2014

Last edited by peri; 29-04-2014 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: Added deadline
peri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 03:17 AM   #19
cheesewhiffer

Thanks for the compliment. I'm using 3ds max and Vray. Like I said I'm new at this, only been working with 3ds max for about 9 months. I took some classes but I found the best way to learn something quick is You Tube. I'm looking for a way to get the lettering engraved into the knobs. Is that a boolean procedure?
Thanks also for the deadline date, I must have missed that.
Old 29-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #20
miguelito08
Blender Power

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: 100+ posts Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Winner of a photo modeling challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the PMC#33 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd place in PMC#34 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place In PMC #31 Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st Place SMC #93 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in SMC #88 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in SMC #87 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place In SMC #94 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in SMC#94 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Honorable mention in the SMC #94 
Total Awards: 21
My entry
Attached Images

miguelito08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
miguelito08
Blender Power

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: 100+ posts Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Winner of a photo modeling challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the PMC#33 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd place in PMC#34 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place In PMC #31 Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st Place SMC #93 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in SMC #88 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in SMC #87 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place In SMC #94 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in SMC#94 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Honorable mention in the SMC #94 
Blender Power
Attached Images

Old 29-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #22
peri
Delusions of Adequacy

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #31 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place in PMC #33 Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place In PMC #29 
Really, really nice Miguelito - the textures make it come to life. Is it rendered in blender as well?

@cheesewhiffer
Two programs I've never used

This is the best tut I could find, but chances are you've already seen it - using a boolean in conjunction with a 'wrap to surface'
http://www.jqoc.com/soft/3DsMax-Tuto...04/3145_2.html

Hopefully some of the experts here can help more.
Great peri! For Thanks for2:
lovingsaskia (29-04-2014), miguelito08 (29-04-2014)
Old 29-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #23
cheesewhiffer

Thanks Peri
Old 30-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #24
cheesewhiffer

It only took 8 hours and 50 knobs but I finally figured it out. Thanks for the link Peri, it was very helpful. Almost done, just gotta work on the environment.

NIce work miguelito08 I can tell you been doing this for awhile.
Attached Images

Great cheesewhiffer! For Thanks for2:
miguelito08 (30-04-2014), peri (30-04-2014)
Old 30-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #25
miguelito08
Blender Power

Awards Showcase
goob job cheesewhiffer
Greatmiguelito08! Thank you:
cheesewhiffer (30-04-2014)
Old 30-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #26
peri
Delusions of Adequacy

Awards Showcase
CG is going to have his work cut out with this challenge - even if no-one else enters
Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #27
cheesewhiffer

Here's my entry. About as done as I can get it.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #28
lovingsaskia

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
Some cracking enteries . Peri, thanks for the link to the tutorial, its helped me a huge amount with getting a design to wrap around an object, I would never have thought to have used conform.
lovingsaskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatlovingsaskia! Thank you:
peri (01-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #29
TheBat

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place For PMC 26 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place For PMC 27 Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place In PMC #28 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Speed Demons'' 
Total Awards: 4
Awesome entries everyone, great to see all superb entries! Let's hope i have some time to join in for the next challenge, really looking forward to it!

Keep em coming!
TheBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #30
cheesewhiffer

These pics are not for the contest. My son, who plays electric guitar pointed out to me that in order to be an old classic Strat it has to have the correct tremolo bridge saddles (which I didn't, and you guys did), and the string tree for the B and E strings. For his sake I wanted to get it right. Let me know if its not OK to do this.
Attached Images