>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 17-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #16
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

...have to tweak the legs a bit, I think. They are to strait, boring shapes.
fantasymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #17
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
The gun blockout.

Two modes. Sharpshooter - rifle and close range - plasma cannon

Plasma cannon mode

Shaprshooter mode
Old 18-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #18
Hank_ZC

cool!
Hank_ZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #19
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 2
really digging all that moving stuff! great job so far! keep it up!
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #20
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
Enough for a blockout now.
The suit under the armor is just a rough sculpt to define some shapes. I will do a retopo on it. Still some missing cables and smaller details, but no more time to waste.
Green light for high poly modeling.

Old 25-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #21
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
can't wait for some detailed high poly models here
Old 25-08-2014, 03:39 AM   #22
believehammer

Interesting weapons, look great.
believehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #23
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
High poly WIP. Not much to say about it. It's just the arm and a bit of the head and chest area.

Old 27-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #24
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
Just playing a bit with KeyShot.

Old 27-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #25
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
great detailing!! really digging the arm details!
the only thing bugging me is the head looks kinda too Predator-ish for me.
but your modelling is amazing so far!!
Old 27-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #26
christopher
Working Hard

Send a message via Yahoo to christopher
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Wow, you are so fast.
Old 28-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #27
StandArt

Personally I like the predator feeling I would make the cuts under his eyes and over the nose area larger to enhance the contrast on the face, there`s not much to complain about here.
StandArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #28
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Excellent modelling so far. Nice mix of large and small scale details. I could probably do without the predator-dreadlocks, but otherwise its looking really nice.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatWarlock 279! Thank you:
fantasymaster (30-08-2014)
Old 29-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #29
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
Thank you guys for the great input, appreciate that.

Yep the cuts on the helmet are a bit to thin, StandArt. I will make them wider.
Glad you like it Warlock 279. Let me see what I can do in case of the dreadlocks.

I hope the predator look will be less noticeable once the helmet is textured. So or so there is no more time to make big changes on it
Old 29-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #30
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
your work really kicks ass in originality and i can see you try to show off your excellent design skills too!
don't worry too much about the predator thingy Blizzard games often have similar ideas that have been already in other scifi/fantasy universes before. if someone can tell by looking at your work that something else inspired you (or even if it's unintentional) but you can create something new and still original design out of it than it's just as perfect when you try to go fully original (if that is even possible these days at all )
so don't take my opinion as a bad critique your helmet looks kick ass! i wish my entry had so many originality as yours have!
so keep it up! you're progressing like crazy :-O