>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 25-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #16
roel
newbe

Send a message via AIM to roel
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
small update
Attached Images

roel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #17
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
update
Attached Images

Old 30-07-2015, 05:46 AM   #18
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Armor is looking really good. I might question that the helmet has a little too much padding inside it tho?

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 AM   #19
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Can't believe how slow I am....
Reworked the padding from the helmet (thanks), worked on some belts, shoes, and I'm working on the leather gloves. Cant wait to start working on wear and tear.

PS I also created a rivets insert mesh brush, how cool is that!
PSS just found out you can select any subtool just by ALT+select = big time saver

to do for HP:
finish: belts, face and glove
start: the skirt, sword and dagger, wear/tear/rivets/cuts/more straps

C&C very welcome
Attached Images

Last edited by roel; 02-08-2015 at 02:37 AM..
Old 05-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #20
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
and more details... Spent quite some time trying to add some 3d stitches to the glove via polygroups... The result isn't quite what I expected so I'm not sure if I will keep it. The resources are below just FYI.

tutorial
3D stitch

I think I'm almost ready to start wear and tear... He's a mercenary after all.
thanks for any C&C...
Attached Images

Last edited by roel; 05-08-2015 at 04:13 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #21
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Glove looks great but I'm not sure it fits a character in armour.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #22
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Thanks mcfly. The character in the books has leather gloves so I will go with that. I know its strange. In the comics the armor is changing quite often during the series, especially the helmet and shoulder piece, so in the end it will be some interpretation of the character. For the gloves I had put a metal armor plate on the front side of the hand the make it blend in better. On the stitches I will probably make my own brush. I have the impression the one I downloaded and used can be improved. We will see.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #23
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
progress on the sword
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #24
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
update
Attached Images

Last edited by roel; 09-08-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Old 16-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #25
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
going through the detailing ftm...
Attached Images

Old 16-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #26
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
I'm at 30 million polys and some +90 subtools...
Old 17-08-2015, 02:04 AM   #27
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
90+ subtools!!! I feel for you.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #28
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
worked on the legs.
Attached Images

Old 28-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #29
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Hi all, I’m exploring the possibility to rig this character. Currently I haven’t even completed the high poly mesh but I know in 3D it’s better to plan well ahead to avoid issues later on in the process, especially as this concerns a complex character with armor... Once, years ago, I used a 3ds max biped for this job which was not a nice experience. This time I would also like to create a rig for the face, the thigh armor, the hair, the knie/shoulder protection plates,...

Do you folks have any good tips concerning:
1. How to make a good low poly mesh for animation (should I have 2 spheres for the eyes for example, how dense can I make my mesh (15K?), should I break up the character?,…) what problems do you see with the current mesh?
2. What is the best way to achieve a rig, including a facial rig, for a character with all this armor (biped, bones, 3ds max, maya, CAT, any other software package?,…)
3. Do you know of any good in depth tutorials for rigging a character? I have searched the net but all I see are very basic and old tutorials...

Thanks a bunch…
Old 16-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #30
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Hi, I started with the face. There are some issues with the side view which I can't point down ftm.
PS now worries about the hair, will try LP hair with planes via ZB IMM.
Attached Images

Tags
dragon, el mercenario, knight, mercenary, segrelles