>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery

Old 21-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row 
Total Awards: 11
Daily Sketches Thread - Title per day - Join

Hi guys,
Tony the otter, Stripey, and Ru have decided to start daily sketches.
Producing 1 sketch per day on a certain title which i will post each morning.

We can interpret it however we want. and take however long we want(within the day limit), But emphasis is on creating the mood of the title. or fulfuling that words feelings.

Anyone else is more than welcome to join.
Just don't post other than the sketches or crit / comments on appropriate days.
Thanks
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row 
The first Title for today

Solitude

Solitude is not to be confused with loneliness. Solitude is purposefully taking time to be away from other people so that you can have "space" to think, to reflect on life, to hear the "quiet" voice of God speaking to your mind. Solitude is taking time apart from your busy life, so that you can gain clear perspective on your life, on your relationship with God and others. Solitude is a valuable tool. But there are no LONE RANGERS in the kingdom of God. Solitude is not a replacement for "Fellowship": spending time with other believers for your mutual encouragement and challenge to continued growth.

Happy Painting
Old 21-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
inspired
Reborn

Send a message via MSN to inspired
great idea, and awesome explanation on the word solitude If i could draw i would join in They should invent some kind off machine which would take my ideas from my head and paint them for me good luck every1

projects:
- 1.) PROJECT M: Practising Lighting and Texturing

Speed Modeling Contests:
honorable mentions:
Week 20 / Week 29 / Week 32 / Week 33 / Week 34 / Week 38 / Week 39 / Week 41

Runner Ups:
None yet, i don't like running up...

Wins:
Week 29 / Week 30 / Week 37
inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Mr-Ru

Talking

my sketch.

at times, solitude is just as simple as cracking open a good book and sipping on ya tea

sorry if this came out too sketchy and abstract, i was dying to go into detail but i didn't know how much time i had. promise better tomorrow
Mr-Ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
3dGator
and otter lover :)

Ru: great concept there!

Here's my attempt so far... just a quick 30 minute sketch. somehow I get the feeling Joey wanted something a tad more detailed... I'll add some later on if needed.

Tony.
Old 22-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #6
Ibbo

Saw this and thought: "Great, a reason to do a digital painting every day!". My submittion, done in PS with references, took 30 min!

[Edit: Doh, try adding an image!!!]

Last edited by Ibbo; 22-02-2005 at 01:06 AM..
Ibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Ibbo

Old 22-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #8
Mr-Ru

nice style. (i'm somehow reminded of Kid's Story outta animatrix)
Old 22-02-2005, 01:12 AM   #9
Ibbo

Hey thanks, your surreal style is great too, cant wait to see more of your work!
Old 22-02-2005, 05:16 AM   #10
A N T I

can I post a scetch too? I felt inspired so...
Old 22-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #11
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
More than welcome to , very nice picture ibbo.
Nice sketch Tony!
Here is mine, I would have posted last night . but our network went down :Z
Old 22-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #12
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
1. Protected (vs. unprotected), secure -- (kept safe or defended from danger or injury or loss; "the most protected spot I could find")
2. protected, saved -- (guarded from injury or destruction)
Old 22-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #13
Mr-Ru

holy... damn it Joe, i knew you were good at modeling but i've never seen your 2D work before. awesome stuff
Old 22-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #14
Chris-3DT
Threedy Member

Nice idea, if this is a success i'll give you a spot for it. For now, I'll stick it until further notice.

Chris-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #15
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
Heh thanks ru.
Was a quick painting. had some other ideas but needed to finish due to work.

New topic coming.. waiting for yours

Chris3dt.
Thanks Man. This will go well. I have the time and motivation surrounded by the best artists/3d and 2d in the business.
I thought the thread had been deleted then i saw sticky ^^