>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges

Old 24-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
PRIZES INFORMATION - What we give and How to get

Hello guys and welcome to this new section of our forums where, from now on, we will be hosting monthly Matte Painting Challenges!

What? Yes, you heard it right! It’s time to sharpen your photographic eye, dust of your Wacom and get ready for the party!

What's this about?
Every now and then, we will be issuing a challenge focused set a certain theme. With running these challenges, we are hoping to give you the opportunity to learn and practice Digital Matte Painting while, at the same time, win some very attractive prizes!

Note: This is not a speed challenge, and we are looking for final, standalone images.

So what are the prizes?
We here are 3DTotal are going to give away some really cool prizes for the top three winning images. As well as this, we will be having a special page in the 2DArtist magazines which features these images.

1st Place gets to choose one of the following options:
- 12 month subscription to the 2DArtist magazine
- 4 3dtotal e-books of his/her choice
- A copy of the Digital Art Masters book (one volume of choice)

2nd Place gets to choose one of the following options:
- 6 month subscription to the 2DArtist magazine
- Your choice of any 2 E-books

3rd Place gets a choice of any 3dtotal E-book

How to claim your prize: simply e-mail jo@3dtotal.com with your choice and also link to my post where I announce the winners.

Have fun!

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 28-04-2009 at 01:53 PM..
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
This one sounds like fun , will get going on stock photos
Old 27-08-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
WOW, I really wait to see this running, I am not very familiar with mate painting, but I saw very amazing works around web, I don't know nothing abut this technique's but I am waiting to see the grate works posted in here.

Maybe some day I will read an practice and I will participate

good luck everybody
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
waheed nasir

Send a message via MSN to waheed nasir
this is cool....

welcome to the team Suirebit-3DT....

im sure this would be great fun...good going.

some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.
waheed nasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
This sound like fun.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
drained spirit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: 100 posts Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.75 ''the deep sea creature'' 
this is seriously going to be cool
drained spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
chubu
Animator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge 'Sit down and Think'' Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in ''executioner'' challenge 
oh yeah!
although i'm not good at doing that,
but i really like 2 see what people here can do. maybe i'll learn somthing
chubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
inquiry

Hi suirebit. I just want to know on what issue of 2d artist will be the past winners of this challenge will have their artworks included in? I have received the latest and and they where still not included there...

Just asking

Thanks

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Patience We plan on doing it next month. We'll need hi-res versions of your images; if you have any send them to chris.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:27 AM   #10
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Thanks suirebit!

I hope I was not too pushy... I was just a little bit curious thats all... And yes, I will try to email them to chris asap

CGsociety Deviant

Old 24-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
KaronT3

Talking :d

Uauuuhhh!!! im newbe at this of the mattepainting but im going to make one for myself and sending it to the challenge for seeing what do yoy think about it . Wich is the preferred resolution for the images? Sorry for my English, im from Spain
KaronT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 06:39 AM   #12
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
KaronT3 : as far as I know (which is very little) its usually in HD format. 1080x1920 sometimes bigger depending on what kind of matte is needed... looking forward to seeing your works!

CGsociety Deviant

Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #13
darksyde7

So what is the deadline for submissions?
darksyde7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
you can see that in each challenge thread.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 AM   #15
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
Hi suirebit!

Do you think we will have another challenge for this december?
Just wondering man thats all...

Cheers

CGsociety Deviant