>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #61
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Cool, that guy is HEAVY!
The hands are a bit flat on the fingers.

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #62
Fixor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Hey guys, thanks for passing by and for your encouragements!

MonteCristo - Hey! thanks A LOT mate! I'm glad you remember me, it was so long ago! - Stars!!! Now I have more pressure!

DaddyDoom - Haha I'll make an alternate version with white and blue lines on the pant and armor. And I'll add the red moo too...

buzz001 - cheers dude! Bottom of the page: His toolset and weapons

discmage - Thanks mate! you keep me motivated!

Malus - I owe you something, Dean!

Agent-X - Thanks, sir!

Jojomondag - Glad you like it dude!

miycko - Cool! will do some more ZB sculpting on the spine to have an organic feel and blend them more in the skin.

mr_carl - Thanks Mister!

ryvick - Sweet , thanks mate. Some 3D basemesh for the weapons today!

hulahuga - Heh cool. Yep your right for the hands, I'll keep an eye on that when I add some ZB lovin

So here are some WIP of the tools and weapons:

DWIV - 3D - Fixor - Eckhart
Fixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #63
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Loving the props. Looks great. I think if you can keep this clean, you could generate some excellent normals and thenus Crazybump to generate the finer details using a diffuse/spec map. Really good Fixor.

The only thing I would suggest you take a look at is the head.It's a bit too Astaroth right now.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #64
Jojomondag
Have too go on never stop

He looks a bit like a butcher! somehow i have too agree with one of the other comments though about his weapons i whant too see this guy with a big axe. What is the book for full uf yummy recepies for human pies? :P

good work on the toolset, I think he would look cool with a Bl00dy apron but that kinda destroys his awsome outfit youve done soofaar. Anyhow great work!

Greets/jojo

www.jojomondag.se
Jojomondag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #65
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
YES, that's what I call a HAPPY chap. XD Well done. Especially the spiky backbone looks great and the head is just awesome. I'm looking forward to see him in colour.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #66
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Wow! Great job I think FOX Network just found the new host for their Hell's Kitchen Show... The tools are looking great, love the cook-book. I can see the texture now. The 3DT logo fading with stains of blood and grease, and the corner tips silver with edges beaten-up by being slamed on the cutting table. It took me into a spin because I never expected to see it on his toolbelt. Are the double swords going on his back like your original sketches.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #67
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
thats a wicked ToolBelt idea. MORE MORE MOE~!!
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #68
Cracadoo

Send a message via ICQ to Cracadoo
Awesome concept, sculpt, skills. No crits whatsoever. Keep on the good work.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #69
Fixor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
MonteCristo - Thanks! Do you mean Astaroth from Mortal Combat??

Jojomondag - Thanks dude! Hehe yeah I need to put a title on that book!

JuST - Colour will hopefully come next week, if I stick to the plan! Well, I'd better if I want him done on time!

buzz001 - Hehe, thanks mate! I should have called him Ramsay... And your vision of the cook-book is inspiring! I kept the big suspenders simple not to go in the way of the spine, so I don't think the swords will have room to stick on the back.

ryvick - Cheers dude... More details on the tools soon!!!

Cracadoo - Thanks buddy

For tonite: a wip of the highpoly details. Tomorrow's menu: details of the weapons and tools.

DWIV - 3D - Fixor - Eckhart
Fixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #70
Coldturkey
What r'ya looking at!?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
FAT! Jason's better half lol
Old 12-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #71
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Really nice! I like the bruiser effect really maybe the spine's spikes could continue in the belt, with a hole, or something, but its nice right know, just an idea Keep it up, i would like to see it done!
Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #72
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Very cool! je suis vraiment fan de ton perso, il y a un univers et un style BD que l'on ne trouve pas dans les autres concepts même sur les autres forums.

Very cool! I'm really fan of your self, there is a universe and a style comics that are not found in other concepts even on other forums.

Last edited by chris_solo; 16-04-2009 at 07:42 AM..
chris_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #73
Malus
Dean Ferguson

Looking good mate.

I need to hurry the hell up if I have any chance of keeping up with you!

Last edited by Malus; 13-04-2009 at 01:53 AM..
Malus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #74
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixor View Post
MonteCristo - Thanks! Do you mean Astaroth from Mortal Combat??
Nope. Soul Calibur. Look him up I would.
Old 15-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #75
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Ahaa, un compatriote belge, ça fait trop plaisir de pas être le seul belge ici. J'étais déjà passé sur ton thread pour voir le concept mais j'imaginais pas que c'étais celui d'un compatriote.
Pour ton concept, je dirais que c'est entre le hard rock, metal, avec un peu de sadistic gore, ou du dark gothic, j'ai bon?
C'est pas vraiment mon genre mais j'écoutes parfois du rock. En tout cas tu as bien développé ton concept, il est très intéressant. J'apprécie particulièrement ton boulot sur le torse et la richesse des accessoires. On sent le travail de pro, continue comme ça tu as tous mes encouragements!
Et qu'est ce que ça vaut l'Australie?

translate:
Ahaa, a Belgian fellow, I'm not the only Belgian here, I'm so happy. I've already seen your thread but I couldn't imagine that it was the one of a belgian.
About your concept, you've got some inspiration from hard rock metal style, some sadistic gore, or dark gothic, am I right?
I'm not a big fan of this style but I listen some rock so...
In any case your concept is amazing, I appreciate particularly your job on the trunk and the wealth of accessories. You work like a professional, continue like that, you have all my encouragements!

Armies of the world were gathering... Will victory be on our side?

Et j'ai l'impression qu'il y a aussi un peu du joueur de hockey, c'est peut être à cause du masque et avec les longues lames qui ressemblent un peu à des crosses de hockey. Ou c'est mon subconscient.
A part ça j'apprécie beaucoup ta catégorie (démons), et ton perso s'y adapte très bien je voulais le souligner. Suis à moitié triste d'être du coté robot pour mon projet étudiant, bien que je la trouves aussi super intéressante. Next time I'll be on the demonic category!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 15-04-2009 at 11:00 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote