>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 17-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #16
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
now this is heading to epicness

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #17
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
NUUUUUU I likes 6,12,14!
Old 17-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #18
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Nice concept man

Try to make him integrated into a cool ****** scene. Try to avoid it being as separated from it as the ghost army that you did before and this will be very cool indeed!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813

Last edited by hulahuga; 17-03-2011 at 07:32 AM..
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #19
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Awesome!! I love that it's huge and powerful looking. Definitely epic!!!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #20
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Thanks a lot for backup support guys really!!! Hope I'll improve a lot during DWV.
I'm already preparing some secrets techniques I hope you'll like.

Quote:
now this is heading to epicness
I'm just starting liquidbear.

Quote:
NUUUUUU I likes 6,12,14!
A 6-12 mix would have definitly make something interesting, more machine like.
Got to go fast so voting time is short. But thanks for it setschaos, maybe I'll use the style of those for the background. (And man, I already started your snake idea from last time)

Quote:
Try to make him integrated into a cool ****** scene. Try to avoid it being as separated from it as the ghost army that you did before and this will be very cool indeed!
You point something important for me Hula, and you know I s*ck with scenes.
Don't know yet if I will work on it on a second time or make a parallal layout/concept work one for it. Have to think about the integration too. The scene has to be with a desolate mood, but doesn't mean there won't be any work on it, there will be.

Quote:
Awesome!! I love that it's huge and powerful looking. Definitely epic!!!
redonix76, my goal is to make something f*cking epic. Thanks, so It means I'm onto da good way, charge man!

About the concept, I already got some nice backstory and I'll post it tonight (he's got golden crabs into its mouth), I'll build on it/from it.
This thread'll be about concept and design first then I'll go lightning/color and mood work into a second time.
If you want to help voting, here's another sheet for further concept development, comments and critics always appreciated even when you don't like my work:

Attached Images

washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
blades mixed with moon would look good 2 me

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatliquidbear! Thank you:
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
What if you have him walking. Then you could play with a vertical line that partly hides his body as he steps out into the light of the world... Think epiiiiic!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Greathulahuga! Thank you:
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #23
Novian
Mentallic Design

Send a message via AIM to Novian
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reache The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 3
I liked it better with multiple glowing eyes down the center. Great design so far!

Cheers~
Novian is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatNovian! Thank you:
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #24
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I like this process, it's like stippling with a color palette, more broad than Serat,, but very interesting...good luck.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatkatana! Thank you:
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #25
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
all variations are cool, I like wing and arms the best.
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
How about a mixed between Mars and Chains? Big arms are cool and chains can make anything look more epic!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatredonix76! Thank you:
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #27
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
+1
washka (17-03-2011)
Old 17-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #28
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Just a quick post for the background story (I bet it's full of english language mistakes, sorry for that it's not my native language I had to translate all of it), Cordero #10 for crab influence. I brb soon with two mix from last sheet then I'll push it:
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #29
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hula: Interesting idea, I'm not sure about the legs yet, problem with vertical line idea it's that I can't hide anything said da briefing.
Reaaaalllly hard to think epic man, I'm not a god, wanna switch brain??? I'll try my best! And I hear your precious comments.

katana: Thanks, who's serat? You mean Seurat?
(If it's the case, it's a really kind compliment man, and it go to the bottom of my heart: Thanks. Even if I'm still far away from the skills of this old master one.)

Novian: It's 100% sure I will put more than one single eye on it, don't worry and thanks.

liquidbear, Cordero, redonix76: made some mix with all the votes, so now I got two choices, this last sheet'll define mood and direction of it all (copy paste/lill' layer move/darken layer mode):
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 17-03-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Old 17-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #30
Cordero

Awards Showcase
I like Bong big time, not sure about the hammer tho.