>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 05-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #16
yinteck

This will be a great piece when its done. I like the second color, more decent to the eye. The red one seems to striking. just my thought
yinteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
here some update, its something wrong with the comp, i dont know, may be you can help me guys, help!!
Attached Images

vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
hi, 1st of all, i like how u move the main char over to the bottom right, now he has the attention he deserves About the comp i think there are 2 main things that need to be fixed. 1st the bottom of the building clashes with 1 of the chars, making them as if they were part of the same plane. Also, as you can see, they share the same values, the monster also has this problem. So my solution would be: move the building to the left, darken then 1st guy a bit, and lighten the monster another bit. hope it helps,good luck
elgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #19
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Hey bro, my crit is less techy, would prolly just say you maybe need more of a main focus, the star of the show I guess, make him show up! =) Have a guud one =)
Kungfoowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 01:06 AM   #20
yinteck

Maybe removing the round planet on the left and shift the monster to the middle and make it larger. Just my thought. Hope the help my friend
yinteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #21
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Please post your final image here along with one wip image (details below taken from the rules on this and other final details) Thanks, Tom

4. At least 1 additional image must also be submitted showing the workings of your image, for example, a wire frame, steps of a 2d painting, or the photos of a matte painting. You must try to make it clear to the judges how your image was created.

5. All entries must be submitted to the final entries thread by Midnight GMT Friday April 15th 2011.

6. Initial judging will be carried out by 3DTotal staff and moderators to select the best 10 for each category. At this point Atomhawk will come on board to select the prize winners for each category.

Deadline extension - Monday 18th April 12.00 midday GMT

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #22
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
agree with elgama on moving building to the left. you could also scale down the building to show the hugeness ofthe monster. and also you could show monster being attacked from the air.

and yeah change the title font doesnt gel with ur image try an alienish font.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #23
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
here some, i have very little time so today a draw my best, thansks elgama, kungfoowiz, yinteck, hulahuga, and aby for your critiques, and advises... aby why your not in the comp?
good luck guys
Attached Images

Old 18-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #24
prosn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
It's looking great buddy....but i think you should change the subtitle colors, it's not coming out properly....also need some details on front character......I think you are working on that.....I know It will excellent work....caz you are rocking buddy..............keep it up

Facebook Page-
www.facebook.com/prosnarts
prosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #25
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Good luck bro! Have fun! =)
Kungfoowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #26
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
You should make it "Atomhawk - No one escapes" instead of that long one with no one scffapes....

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
prosn, thanks man, i think u rigth with the color and the details but i run out of time, thanks for the comment sman.
Kungfoowiz, thanks man good luck for u too.
dr. hula, u right, see ur comment after ive posted the final so... but i corrected the scffapes, thanks for the comments, good luck
Old 29-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hi vnmribaya, I don't completly agree with judge's comment for this one, but they've got a point.
The athmosphere of your painting has got A LOT of drama, far more than second place winner imo.
There was a lot of good entries on this comp' but congrats for your great one!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
thanks man, i really appreciate your coments, and i hope to join the dominance and fight side by side... ive been with lots of work, but i hope come out with some concepts for this weekend.. see you in the other comp man
cheers
Old 03-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #30
Mr.rime

good job . nice idea bro.
Mr.rime is offline   Reply With Quote